3D content on Freesat ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a samsung 3D TV (7series) and would like to get 3D content but without using Sky or Virgin. Are there any Freesat+ boxes, with PVR, that will enable 3D television when streamed. I know the BBC showed wimbledon finals in 3D last year but could you watch it through a Freesat+ box or was it only Sky subscription?

Cheers - JAHG

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The BBC broadcast of the Wimbledon finals was accessible through standard Freesat / Freeview HD boxes (it was broadcast on the BBC HD channel I believe), and they are also planning to broadcast some Olympic events in 3D (again through the BBC HD channel) including the Opening Ceremony, the Closing Cermony, the men's 100m final and also a roundup highlights programme at the end of each day (link). However, as you can see, 3D on the standard broadcast channels is still very limited.

A

Anonymous

chebby, thanx 4 the welcome.

Prof, thanx for the answer. It is confirmed, that I will be able to watch the BBC olympic content in 3D with my receiver. Why did'nt I think of looking at BBC R&D pages. Brill

JAHG

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Had a few strange messages crop up whilst watching watching the Champions League semi's on freesat on Wednesday.On at least 3 occasions a message box popped up on screen, and although I can't remember exactly what it said, roughly it was...."A 3D signal has been detected. Please activate 3D to enjoy...blah...blah...blah". Weird.

Had a few strange messages crop up whilst watching watching the Champions League semi's on freesat on Wednesday.

On at least 3 occasions a message box popped up on screen, and although I can't remember exactly what it said, roughly it was...."A 3D signal has been detected. Please activate 3D to enjoy...blah...blah...blah". Weird.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
JAHG said:
chebby, thanx 4 the welcome.

Prof, thanx for the answer. It is confirmed, that I will be able to watch the BBC olympic content in 3D with my receiver. Why did'nt I think of looking at BBC R&D pages. Brill

JAHG

Hi JAHG,

Welcome to the forums. I notice you have a samsung TV. Not sure if you've tried it but the 7 series includes last year's Internet TV interface, and there is a small amount of 3D demo footage on the Explore 3D tab. Also as Prof says there really isn't a lot of 3D stuff out there (we've not done any 3D work TV for over a year now), and it mainly seems to be feature films which are using it. You may also be able to download some stuff from the internet.

Good hunting!!!

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts