3d Blu-ray Players with Dual HDMI out or HDMI splitter solution?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Apart from the Panasonic BDT310, around the same money - is there any 2d blu-ray players with dual hdmi out? I need to be able to run HD audio to my denon 3310 and 3d direct to the tv.. is anyone successfully using a HDMI switch in a setup like this? If so what should I be looking for? Be nice to look at some other blu-ray players like the Sony's etc

Cheers,
Mick

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's unlikely that a HDMI switch would be suitable, as these usually only allow signal to be sent to one device at a time. Neither would an HDMI splitter be likely to do the job: IME, the HDMI output defaults to the lowest common denominator whensent through these devices, so the receiver's alck of 3D capability would probably stop 3D being sent to your TV. Or, at worst, these devices get confused when devices of two kinds are connected at once, throw an HDCP hissy fit and don't send anything at all anywhere!

I'm not aware of any other players at this level with twin outputs, but our test team may know better.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It can be done with a swtich but as Andrew mentions there can be problems. There are work arounds to force the EDID to the 3D output - we use them when there is a 3D projector and a 2D TV for instance. Factoring in the costs I would suggest the BDP310 is the best and most reliable route though, or a new av amp.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Philips bdp7500 has Hdmi and Hd Component outputs . I dont know if you can hdmi strait to tv and Hd component to amp

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it has multichannel analogue outs, so it would solve the problem provided the OP doesn't mind investing in three pairs of analogue interconnects.

The current MkII version would also address the 3D need.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys, i assume my denon 3310 has analogue inputs? I also assume I wouldnt get my nice blue light for lossless audio any more and the amp would just say 'Multi Channel Direct' or something like that? Is it generally accepted that there is no loss in audio quality going this way instead of bitstreaming to the receiver and letting the receiver to do the decoding? With the analogue outputs you set the player to do the decoding? I think there's a Samsung model that also offers analogue outputs.

Cheers for the help

Mick

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
micks_address said:
thanks guys, i assume my denon 3310 has analogue inputs?

Yes, it does, just above the centre and surround speaker terminals.

micks_address said:
I also assume I wouldnt get my nice blue light for lossless audio any more and the amp would just say 'Multi Channel Direct' or something like that?

Correct.

micks_address said:
Is it generally accepted that there is no loss in audio quality going this way instead of bitstreaming to the receiver and letting the receiver to do the decoding?

Provided the player has reasonable decoding and analogue outputs, as is the case here, yes.

micks_address said:
With the analogue outputs you set the player to do the decoding?

Yup.

A

Anonymous

micks_address said:
thanks guys, i assume my denon 3310 has analogue inputs? I also assume I wouldnt get my nice blue light for lossless audio any more and the amp would just say 'Multi Channel Direct' or something like that? Is it generally accepted that there is no loss in audio quality going this way instead of bitstreaming to the receiver and letting the receiver to do the decoding? With the analogue outputs you set the player to do the decoding? I think there's a Samsung model that also offers analogue outputs. Cheers for the help Mick
clicky

A

Anonymous

Hi Mick,I think you should stick with the pana 310,just get one from another retailer. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts