32” LCD TV Supertest - Panasonic TX-32LXD700 v Sony KDL-32D3000 v Philips 32PFL9632D

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I wanted to buy the best 32” LCD panel out there.

Narrowed it down to the following three:

Panasonic TX-32LXD700

Sony KDL-32D3000

Philips 32PFL9632D

Just wandering which is the best for:

(a) standard def sky?

(b) use with my Denon DVD-1930 up-scaling player?

(c) overall picture quality?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

In terms of standard definition it is definitely between the Panny and the Sony. However I have not yet seen the Sony in action in a proper viewing environment. With regards to the Panasonic I can say that the SD performance is outstanding and easily a match for the old CRT tvs, perhaps even better that some of them!

For upscaling I would say that they are probably all much of a muchness, however What HiFi mag said that the Panny was the best they have seen so far and I wouldn't disagree with this assessement. Afraid I cannot comment on the Sony for upscaling capabilities, the Philips is probably ok as well.

Overall I think the Panasonic is the safest bet and you would have the best 32" LCD to date. The Sony may be better but it is too early to say as What Hi Fi have not yet reviewed it and I have not seen it enough to make a comment.

My vote goes to the Panasonic TX-32LXD700.

A

Anonymous

Just found and ordered the Panasonic at John lewis in Welwyn garden City.

They've had to pricematch a local competitor so the 32LXD700 is only £789 with a full 5yr guarantee !

Bargain.

A

Anonymous

That does sound like a good deal. I've found the LXD700 for similar prices through people like Digitaldirect and RGB and you have to buy instore to get the 5 yr warranty.

It generally seems you can get the 32D3000 for less, say around the £600 mark but you don't get a long warranty with that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts