SONY, PHILIPS, PANASONIC, LG?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Please could you give your thoughts on choosing a new 37 - 42'' Tv, I am tempted by the following and having a hard time deciding which one would be best.

Philips 37PFL9604

Sony KDL-37W5500

Panasonic TX-P42G10

LG 42LH5000

Thanks for your thoughts

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I see you don't mention any 40" screens, so from that list i would go for the Panasonic even though it has now been discontinued its great value at around £699 if you can find one.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Manufactures will be bringing out new models in a couple of months, don't know if you want to wait for the 2010 models.

If you want last years model i second lobby, panasonic will be an excellent choice.

A

Anonymous

hi matthew

just been told my 46z5800 has arrived at my local store, i ordered it early dec 09 so still got the scrappage deal on it and it comes with the BR player 550,

but now im 2 minds as the x4500 can be picked up for 1600 plus sony have there brand new sets out soon,

all in all i am getting the 46z for around 1200 mark so in tv performance would you stick with the z or wait for reviews on the new sets or pick up the x4500.

i must addmit i like the sound off bbc iplayer on 3sat tho.

but at the end of the day image quality is my main concern

any advive

matthewpiano

Darren

I'd stick with the 46Z5800. Its a good deal and the Freesat versions of the existing range will be continuing alongside the new Freeview and Freeview HD ranges so it won't even be obsolete for a few months yet. There are no plans for Freesat versions of the new models. Bear in mind, also, that the first new releases will be the lower range models and that the top end stuff like the Z5500 replacement will follow a little later.

The Z5800 is a cracking TV with really good motion tracking, excellent detail in the dark areas, and very good processing to make the best of an SD signal. The Bravia Engine 3 processor will continue into the new range (there is no BE4), and it has proved to be very good at its job.

Having said that, I haven't seen the new models in the flesh yet so please bear that in mind when reading this reply.

In terms of the X4500 Vs Z5800 comparison other than what I have said before I would advise taking another look at them side by side. Personally I would still go with the Z series.

A

Anonymous

Question to Matthew. When you compare side by side Z5500 vs Z5800 do you really see big difference in the motion tracking and detail in the dark areas for Z5800, or is it essentially the same Z5500 with the addition of tuner? Cheers

matthewpiano

hazarin:Question to Matthew. When you compare side by side Z5500 vs Z5800 do you really see big difference in the motion tracking and detail in the dark areas for Z5800, or is it essentially the same Z5500 with the addition of tuner? Cheers

If you don't want the Freesat of the Z5800, buy the Z5500. Its exactly the same set in every other way. Do bear in mind, though that the Z5500 in all sizes is now officially discontinued so if you buy one get it from somebody who already has stock on hand. The Z5800 is ongoing alongside the new range.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Darren

I'd stick with the 46Z5800. Its a good deal and the Freesat versions of the existing range will be continuing alongside the new Freeview and Freeview HD ranges so it won't even be obsolete for a few months yet. There are no plans for Freesat versions of the new models. Bear in mind, also, that the first new releases will be the lower range models and that the top end stuff like the Z5500 replacement will follow a little later.

The Z5800 is a cracking TV with really good motion tracking, excellent detail in the dark areas, and very good processing to make the best of an SD signal. The Bravia Engine 3 processor will continue into the new range (there is no BE4), and it has proved to be very good at its job.

Having said that, I haven't seen the new models in the flesh yet so please bear that in mind when reading this reply.

In terms of the X4500 Vs Z5800 comparison other than what I have said before I would advise taking another look at them side by side. Personally I would still go with the Z series. hi matthew cheers for your reply when i get it all set up ill post my views. you have been a great help, this comes with the 550 blueray player just wondered if i brought the 760 instead is a big step up in PQ to the 550

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts