Are you buying an Oled TV in 2018?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Not so much John Wick, more

loadsamoneyxxx_3561517c.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

Any more sarcastic comments Norman I will report you. Most of the time I just ignore but enough is enough. That’s 3 in a week.

D

Deleted member 2457

I really want to BB, and I think my sister would allow me to but my mum and Dad are saying no. At the moment they are also saying I can’t sell the 65e6v too.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.png

Buzz - Yep, it was a bit out of the blue, but I have always liked the Sony and WHF said it was the most dynamic TV, which is important with 4K HDR, especially because most discs you barely see a difference.

gel said:
I really want to BB, and I think my sister would allow me to but my mum and Dad are saying no.  At the moment they are also saying I can’t sell the 65e6v too.  

Buzz - Yep, it was a bit out of the blue, but I have always liked the Sony and WHF said it was the most dynamic TV, which is important with 4K HDR, especially because most discs you barely see a difference.  
So, you're not going to return any TV to John Lewis, not sell your E6 and also keep the Sony? Where's the 3rd TV going then?

D

Deleted member 2457

My sister has the E7 at her house. I am now going to sell my e6. And just keep the Sony.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Why not return to John Lewis for the popping sound? I thought you said JL had agreed to take it back.
Because my sister wants to keep it and doesn’t hear the clicking noise. Yep, got an agreement still to take it back - crazy or what?

Ok, so as I understand clicking noise isn't the reason for you to upgrade (because your sister has the E7). You're merely upgrading your E6. Just want to caution you about spendings as you're looking to upgrade your AV receiver too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers BB. My sister did pay me £1000 for the E7 and I only paid £1700 for it. So by time all is finished I will break even. If I need to change my amp, I have started looking at cheaper amps now. Looking to see what deals there are.
thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

I’ve decided to keep the E6 and am returning the Sony Oled, there is so little difference between them, if any.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
I’ve decided to keep the E6 and am returning the Sony Oled, there is so little difference between them, if any.

Hi Gel just wondered which TV had the best sound out of the Sony with the Acoustic Surface Panel and the E6/E7 with the built in Sound bars? Or did you only use your surround system for the sound? Thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Alantiggger said:
Erm, no, not a chance.... far too expensive and right now given the way things are going, 8K will be around SHORTLY.
Yes, and 8K will be far too expensive too. Then what? Wait for 16K? :)

http://uk.pcmag.com/feature/93009/what-is-8k-should-you-buy-a-new-tv-or-...

There are hardly enough 4k broadcasts at present. It'll probably be 2025 before they adapt 8k.

Also heard a rumour that 60" will be the smallest screen size, understandably. This alone will rule it out for many (most?).

Can you imagine what low resolution tv will look like one one of those?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts