2nd smaller hi-fi in the bedroom

Hifiver

Jan 2, 2022
Visit site
In addition to my proper set-up in my living room, I have a smaller Denon CD/DAB hifi on top of my clothes drawers in my bedroom.

Do others here have 2nd hi-fis?

Witterings

I have a 2nd system in my kitchen / living area which is a Denon M39 and Elac 5.2's

I also have a room that used to be my drums room and had an old Sony all in one mini system that I used to play CD 's for playing tracks to learn drum parts but the CD part broke .... it's now been moved to the bedroon and is brilliant just for playing radio.

My drums room has become my office and initially had an old AVR that the rear speaker channel blew as an amp (recently replaced with an SMSL AO200 for space saving) and a pair of Wharfedale 9.1's I picked up new for £59.

I think most people into music will likely have HiFi / music in at least a couple of rooms ... the difference being they'll have a "great" system in their main listening area and something "good" in non critical listening areas.

I'm finally at the stage now I love every system I have in each room .. the one that surprises me most is the Sony all in one ... I'll see if I can grab a model number and post but the speakers and overall sound for a small system are brilliant.

Last edited:

Messiah

In addition to the main HiFi and Home Cinema set-ups, I have a Denon DM41DAB / Monitor Audio Radius 90HD combo sat on my fridge (in the kitchen).

This also powers a pair of Monitor Audio Climate speakers in the garden (via a QED switcher).

I used to have an Acoustic Energy soundbar/sub in the bedroom but sold it as never used it.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I have an old Denon DRA-F101 mini separates in the dining room. I also have stored in a cupboard in the cellar an old TEAC Reference 300 mini separates that I'd love to set up somewhere. My son has his PC hooked up to a pioneer AV receiver down in the cellar so no point setting up the TEAC down there👍🏻

Oxfordian

I think if I had a second system I might find myself in the divorce court, Mrs Oxfordian tolerates me occupying a spare bedroom with my system and is contemplating letting me take over the lounge as we spend 90% of our time in the open plan living area, if I do move the current listening room will go back to being a bedroom.

Over the years I have managed to sneak in a couple of extra cameras for my photography addiction but I don't think that a set of floor standing speakers will go unnoticed.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I think if I had a second system I might find myself in the divorce court, Mrs Oxfordian tolerates me occupying a spare bedroom with my system and is contemplating letting me take over the lounge as we spend 90% of our time in the open plan living area, if I do move the current listening room will go back to being a bedroom.

Over the years I have managed to sneak in a couple of extra cameras for my photography addiction but I don't think that a set of floor standing speakers will go unnoticed.
I tried to sneak in a 120mm - 400mm lens from eBay for my camera. A bit hard to hide that one. Rachel keeps having a do about my purchases but I maybe get one a year. She seems to forget about all the little purchases she makes that add up. Like that meme says "my wife's superpower is acting surprised when the 15 packages she ordered from Amazon arrive every day" 😂😂

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Well as an additional system for the bedroom - and only because the TV speakers on the second hand TV we have are distorted and as crackly as hell - arrived today was a Panasonic SCHTB208 compact sound bar. Suits my needs, bedtime viewing for me n Rach iPlayer and Garden Rescue or The Repair Shop. It does have a "music" setting, I might try to Bluetooth music from my phone and then again maybe not.
Ironically my wife does that with clothes shopping. Pointing out they still have tags on is futile!
I have a friend who's wife does that. "I've had them ages darling"😂

Reactions: Oxfordian

Witterings

Funny what the wive's object to and yet ... mine would happily spend the total cost of my system twice a year on holidays (if we had that much money) and not bat an eyelid and they only last a total of 3/4 weeks ... apart from memories.

I'll spend half her ideal annual holiday budget on a system that'll last for many, many years and it's frowned upon ,,,,,, bless them.

matthewpianist

I currently have only my main system (see signature) and apart from a couple of old CD players in the garage, it's the only kit I own. This is highly unusual for me, as for years I've had lots of kit hanging around in case I want to play. Circumstances forced the change, but I'm actually finding it has been a very positive one.

I could do with a system for the bedroom once finances allow, and I think it will be a Denon DM-41DAB with a pair of Mission LX-1 MkII, Dali Spektor 1s or Wharfedale Diamond 9.0. I may however decide that head-fi is the way forward in that space. I have two excellent pairs of headphones so I may as well get as much use as possible out of them. I'd probably keep the closed back Sennheisers for downstairs (where things can get a bit noisy sometimes), and use the open-back Grados upstairs.

DCarmi

and I think it will be a Denon DM-41DAB
Precisely what I have, with a Wiim Mini attached. Mostly it is used as background "noise" when working. If I am actively listening then I stick on headphones (Sennheiser HD599se).

I've attached some really tiny speakers and a hidden sub mostly for background noise and also radio alarm in the morning. Room layout is not conducive to a proper speaker setup.

Witterings

I could do with a system for the bedroom once finances allow, and I think it will be a Denon DM-41DAB with a pair of Mission LX-1 MkII, Dali Spektor 1s or Wharfedale Diamond 9.0.

As posted above I have the M39 with Elac B5.2's and it's a superb system, I did back to back with the Spektor 1's and just slightly preferred the Elacs, the Dali's with elevated vocals could have a slight edge to them which was my deciding point.
Got both off of Amazon so the one i didn't like so much could be returned.

I also have Diamond 9.1's in another room which for their cost are brilliant.

If you go the head-fi route instead .... be careful when you get into the shower :LOL:

Reactions: matthewpianist

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts