2nd Hand or New Cyrus Equipment

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys, Just wondering about the above....I have decided to purchase a Cyrus 8 VS2 amp and quivalent CD player, but have noticed that I could make myself some serious savings on a well known auction site as opposed to buying new at £900.00 each. Would anyone recommend this / have experience of buying second hand at this level.

Also other than the addition of a DAC is the 8 XPD likely to give me any increase in sound quality...i.e. is it worth the extra £600.00 or am I better to spend the money on a power supply / pre-amp.

Thinking of Spendor A5 / A6 or B&W 805s'........although space could be premium so can anyone recommend any good / smallish standmounters that would match up to the cyrus equipment....which can be a little bright and forward.

Thanks guys

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
You can buy the Cyrus 8vs2 amp for 1/2 price currently, BRAND NEW, via a well known auction site as well so TBH, you'd be best going for them!

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Bought all of my boxes either ex-demo or via Fleabay. As mentioned above, people tend to look after their gear; I've certainly had no problem whatsoever. Then again, there always be one!

Dr Feelgood - Milk and Alcohol

A

Anonymous

I've bought loads of hi-fi equipment on E-bay (including a Cyrus CD6, CD8x) among others, and they were all great. If you don't like them, you can flog them off on E-bay again and would lose very little, or in most cases, actually make a profit!

A

Anonymous

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 6vs with cyrus cd8x and spendor s6's.

I've been looking at the offers atm for 8vs2 at around £500 and selling my 6vs on ebay. So should only cost me around £250. I could then add an 8power or even x power for £600ish and still come around the price of the new discounted 8xpd's.

Now a dealer told me to look at the new xpd range as they are really good. But can anyone advise me whether the xpd's are really as good what the 8vs2 with 8power/xpower is?

I would audition the pair but my local dealer doesn't have the 8vs2's.

A

Anonymous

Cyrus is extremely good sounding equipment (for the money). However, i would defer from buying used as the kit i have seen can be unreliable. You are better off not using an auction site but trying to get one as an ex-demo from a good well known shop e.g. sevenoaks hifi - sound and vision which should give you a decent warranty + discount price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts