24 FPS problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Panasonic TX-32LZD85 LCD television, and a Sony BDP- S760 blu-ray player.

When playing blu-ray discs with the 24FPS selected on the television there is ghosting around moving images. This is more noticeable when images are moving across the screen against a light background.

If the 24FPS is off on the television or a normal DVD is played, the ghosting disappeares

I would have thought that not having the 24FPS selected would have caused the ghosting.

I have had the Sony checked by the dealer, but they could not find any fault.

Can anyone help solve this problem.

A

Anonymous

Really surprised by this comment, as a friend of mine has this TV and it is awesome.

When you say you have turned the 24fps off, do you mean you have disabled it on the BR player or the special processing on the TV?

Usually I would suggest turning all processing off, but I have seen this set run with it's motion flow and the special 24fps processing turned on, and I have never seen any side effects. Have you got those switched on?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

The 1080/24p is set to auto on the Sony. I disabled the 24fps on the television.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, what is IFC Are you refering to a Blu-ray, or a TV setting

A

Anonymous

IFC is Panasonic's frame insertion processing, but is used on the plasma range only I think. It's called motion plus or motion flow I think on the LCD.

Sorry i did not read it properly, maybe, try re-enabling the 1080p 24fps on your player and turning on the 24ps film mode on the TV, I will text my friend and ask him what settings he has.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts