2.0 system at 150€ (max 200€) for PC

Hi there,

I'm looking for a pair of speakers to connect t my pc in my bedroom, in addition to a vynil player and other stuff. Since the bedroom is quite small ( 8 m^2 ) and due to cable pushing on the well getting it dirty, I'd like to eliminate any 2.1 system from the choice.

The budget would be around 150€ (I'm from Italy) and it would be meant to get the best audio from the speakers. Additional functions are quite optionals.

In this case, I'd prefer to get to powered speakers because the addition of an external amplifier would create some problems concerning space and cables over the wall. Still, if the amplifier is quite small and could set under the display, it would be a possible solution.

By the way, I was valuating Audioengine A2+ and M-Audio BX5 D2 but these couple of speakers would get around 250€ when the price is good and due to budget, they're out. Then I evaluated Creative T50, Bose Companion 20 and Harman Kardon threestick wireless: Harman Kardon is around 160€ and has the problem of having the subwoofer unit which implies to have power cable and audio cable going around over the wall which I want to avoide; practically I could avoid the power cable guiding it over the upper furniture and cutting out the audio cable by bluetooth ( *cray2* ). The Bose Companion 20 are around 250€ so too high and still they give a bad sound, little muddy. The T50 from Creative is around 160€ and it looks like it's a good compromise for that amount of money, from various review and comparison.

Still, I'd like to know if is there around something better, more Hi Fi with that amount of money, maybe I'm missing something.

rainsoothe

Hi. I'm not sure you'll be able to find something with the connectivity you require within that budget. First of all, you need a phono-stage for your turntable, if it doesn't have one included (a phono-stage works like a pre-amp, because the signal from turntables is too weak for amplifiers).

Now - if you search on thomann, you'll find that the M Audios you listed have a lower price-tag. And you could also look at Presonus Eris 4.5. You'll need an audio interface with USB to connect to your PC - like the Behringer UCA 202. This, however, will not allow you to connect your turntable - I THINK. Also, if PC will be the only source, you could look at Alesis M1 Active 320 USB (which are really cheap and already have USB connectivity).

Can't think of anything within that budget to have several inputs and phono stage, unless it's a used amp, like Nad 3020, Pioneer A400 or old Rotel models (980, 870 that kind of stuff), and some used speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts