1 set of speakers serving two amps, advice please

ahadd1212

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I have recently purchased a used Harman Kardon system, when I tried to add my turntable it turns out that I need to get a PCB to add to the board inside the amp......arghhh, to make matters worse after speaking to HK they gave me the number of the spares company who told me that they destroyed all of their spare parts over 3 years old when they moved premises so I cannot buy the pcb I need.....great support or what........I am thinking of using the amp from my old system just for the turntable, this is not ideal of course but I am stuck......can I wire both amps up to the speakers ? is it safe to do this ?

Harman Kardon HK660 and Mordaunt SHort MS50i speakers

If not is there some kind of switch where I can wire the speakers up and swith them over when I use the truntable amp.....what a mess !!!

Any ideas would be greatly received, thanks Tony

jjbomber

ahadd1212 said:
I am thinking of using the amp from my old system just for the turntable, this is not ideal of course but I am stuck......can I wire both amps up to the speakers ? is it safe to do this ?

Hopefully your old amp will have a line out on the back of the amp. Or even a headphone output as 1st reserve. Just run a cable from one of those two options to the line in of your HK amp. That will work.

TRENDING THREADS