£250 budget

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

do the active monitors connect to the red and white sockets on the back of my tv

A

Anonymous

PAULRYAN52:do the active monitors connect to the red and white sockets on the back of my tv
anyone

A

Anonymous

Yes they would, i have the same speakers hooked up to my computer. Fantastic speakers for the money!

A

Anonymous

Stevie_Blaze:Yes they would, i have the same speakers hooked up to my computer. Fantastic speakers for the money!

thanks would i be better spending a bit more

A

Anonymous

If I were you I would followone of the previous poster's advice and have a chat with Dave at Green Home Electronics (www.usedhifishop.co.uk or www.greenhomeshop.co.uk) You can go along and listen to stuff there, he offers a warranty and has all sorts of interesting stuff. I have just bought my first system from him and am intending to update it bit by bit. Well worth a visit in my opinion.

Best of luck,

Arthur.

A

Anonymous

PAULRYAN52:Stevie_Blaze:Yes they would, i have the same speakers hooked up to my computer. Fantastic speakers for the money!

thanks would i be better spending a bit more
anyone

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Hi, haven't read all the pages, but has anybody suggested the Audioengine A5 yet?

No remote though.
dont want it for mp3 player

A

Anonymous

i think im gonna get speakers that connect to my tvs audio out sockets (red and white sockets on back of tv) so whats the official name of this type of speaker and whats best

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:You need some active speakers in that case. The TV's output is line level so needs amplification which the active speakers will provide.
thanks can i buy these with a remote

0161pumaste

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
hi, try hiway hifi.com,theyve got a nad c315 amp at £180,and wharefedale diamond 9.0 at £80, i bought my jbl es90 speakers from them last year,and they delivered in 24hours! also try superfi.co.uk,they sometimes sell opened box products,i got a nad c445 dab tuner for £249,saving £100!!and its absolutely mint condition!also ive bought a nad c660 cd recorder off ebay from a private seller,which is mint condition,so second hand is worth a look.richer sounds do have some bargains,so id definately look there also,good luck!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

i need a good set of active speakers with a remote if possible

A

Anonymous

If your tv is anything like my Lowe i wouldn't worry too much about the remote as the volume on the tv can be used on the phono outs too.

would be good if you could try that first though (or maybe the instructions tell you)

A

Anonymous

just asked on a forum and they say it only adjusts the tv speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts