£250 budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im after a system (amp and bookshelf speakers) for roughly £250, i would prefer to buy from richer sounds unless there is anywhere else good around liverpool

A

Anonymous

Think we need a bit more info. Is this budget of £250 just for the amp and speakers?

Do you already have a source and if so what?

What music do you listen to?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO youd be better off visiting eBay

NAD C320BEE integrated amp

Acoustic Energy AE100 standmount speakers
Acoustic Energy AE109 floorstanding speakers
Tannoy MErcury F1 custom standmount speakers (New)

All the above can be bought for less than £250 and would be a good partnership

Have you already got a CDP? If not have you an idea for other sources (PC, iPod etc)?

Also; what music do you listen to?

A

Anonymous

go second hand if it's for both, just google "used Hi Fi", the good shops test the gear and give limited waranty's.

matthewpiano

PAULRYAN52:dont fancy going 2nd hand

You'll get far better performance for the money. My amp and speakers cost a total of £246.00 second hand and nothing new at that price, or substantially more, would come close to them. Its not much of a gamble if you are careful about where/who you buy from.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:PAULRYAN52:dont fancy going 2nd hand

You'll get far better performance for the money. My amp and speakers cost a total of £246.00 second hand and nothing new at that price, or substantially more, would come close to them. Its not much of a gamble if you are careful about where/who you buy from.
i know i would but i prefer buying new

A

Anonymous

Okay, you could try a NAD 315 BEE and Tannoy Custom F1's for about £250. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds have Cambridge Audio Azur 340A amp @ £169.95. and Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers @ 89.95. Total £259.90 just over your budget.

A

Anonymous

marineman:Richer Sounds have Cambridge Audio Azur 340A amp @ £169.95. and Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers @ 89.95. Total £259.90 just over your budget.
will that be a decent combo

A

Anonymous

for the money yes. I really would not right off buying 2nd hand though, but if you really don't want to, then the suggested system would be a good listen.

A

Anonymous

chiefbrody:for the money yes. I really would not right off buying 2nd hand though, but if you really don't want to, then the suggested system would be a good listen.
do you know anywhere that sells 2nd hand around liverpool

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Doug Brady - Warrington

They're really more upmarket and have precious little in your range but their website has these. They might not have much that's price comparable to dem it against though.

I've edited the speaker option out as it was a single not a pair price - sorry false hope!

Integrated Amp Arcam Alpha 6 S/H, original price £350.00, on sale for £145.00 - not a great price for an OK amp

There might be other dealers locally too.

Do you have a Sevenoaks? They're good for budget end and do a fair range.

A

Anonymous

tonky:If you live in the area it would be sensible to do a bit of research yourself.
i do live in the area but dont know anywhere that sells decent 2nd hand hi fi equipment

A

Anonymous

up the music:Doug Brady - Warrington

They're really more upmarket and have precious little in your range but their website has these. They might not have much that's price comparable to dem it against though.

Loudspeakers Monitor Audio Radius 180. Silver Ex Dem, new £150.00, on sale at £75.00

Integrated Amp Arcam Alpha 6 S/H, original price £350.00, on sale for £145.00

There might be other dealers locally too.

Do you have a Sevenoaks? They're good for budget end and do a fair range.
unfortunely no sevenoaks here, will try doug brady

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
up the music:Doug Brady - WarringtonThey're really more upmarket and have precious little in your range but their website has these. They might not have much that's price comparable to dem it against though.Loudspeakers Monitor Audio Radius 180. Silver Ex Dem, new £150.00, on sale at £75.00 Integrated Amp Arcam Alpha 6 S/H, original price £350.00, on sale for £145.00There might be other dealers locally too.Do you have a Sevenoaks? They're good for budget end and do a fair range.

That is incredibly expensive. You could pick up an Arcam Alpha 6 on fleabay for about £50.

ÿ

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
eBay is your best bet; nation wide choice then and most will post as well.

If your adamant that you have to go new then the NAD and Tannoy F1 combo will prob be about the best you can get for your budget!

A

Anonymous

which combo is best

amp
Arcam Alpha 6 S/H £145.00
Marantz PM 66KI Signature S/H £169.00
NAD C 315 Grapphite NEW £175.00
Rotel RA 970 BX S/H £145.00

Speakers
ARCAM MUSO silver, single Ex.Dem £116.00
Heco 120 black S/H £68.00
Monitor Audio Radius 180. Silver Ex Dem £75.00
Tannoy 607 (one corner damaged) Boxed £49.00
Tannoy Profile 628 Ex Dem £49.00
Teac LS-100U Ex.Dem £75.00
Triangle Comete Ex.Dem £99.00

A

Anonymous

You'll get a great sound with change from a Sony TAfE370 and Tannoy F1 from Richer Sounds. The amp is a best selling Which best buy yet curiously What Hifi have never tested it AFAIK.

A

Anonymous

Cyril Mason:You'll get a great sound with change from a Sony TAfE370 and Tannoy F1 from Richer Sounds. The amp is a best selling Which best buy yet curiously What Hifi have never tested it AFAIK.

thanks will consider that

A

Anonymous

which are best

kef IQ1
Wharfedale DIAMOND 9.1
Tannoy F1 CUSTOM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts