£250 budget

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

i just measured my cabinet and amp needs to be 420mm width max, 430 might fit but there would not be any room on any side

T

the record spot

PAULRYAN52:dont fancy going 2nd hand

Well, 2nd hand doesn't have to mean pouring your money down the drain and disappears. Your money goes further too. Plenty of dealers offer a warranty, Billy Vee offers a year's warranty for used kit in most cases, so definitely worth checking out.

Plus, there's no guarantee that the newest stuff is necessarily the best...

T

the record spot

Yes, Pioneer is good. A400 or A300. Be selective with older kit than that though.

Ebay can be fine if you get a good dealer. Buy It Now items are subject to the sale of goods act so any dealer saying "No returns" is talking out their well proportioned backside. Lintone Audio, Shadow Audio and Sevenoaks are just three of many highly reputable dealers using Ebay. Don't write-it off, just do your homework on the site.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Yes, Pioneer is good. A400 or A300. Be selective with older kit than that though.

Ebay can be fine if you get a good dealer. Buy It Now items are subject to the sale of goods act so any dealer saying "No returns" is talking out their well proportioned backside. Lintone Audio, Shadow Audio and Sevenoaks are just three of many highly reputable dealers using Ebay. Don't write-it off, just do your homework on the site.
is the Pioneer A209R good

T

the record spot

Sorry, don't know mate - you could check out the web to see if reviews exist, or other users' opinions. I know the model number but no more alas.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Sorry, don't know mate - you could check out the web to see if reviews exist, or other users' opinions. I know the model number but no more alas.
ok thanks no worries

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Can i ask why you are so against eBay?

A lot of people on here have got quality systems via eBay and for a lot less than you'd pay at a dealer?

I appreciate that its great to get things new but when youre on a budget; 2nd hand quality separates will always get you a better system rather than going to Superfi etc...

All my system below bar the 685's are off eBay; new and used!

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:Can i ask why you are so against eBay?

A lot of people on here have got quality systems via eBay and for a lot less than you'd pay at a dealer?

I appreciate that its great to get things new but when youre on a budget; 2nd hand quality separates will always get you a better system rather than going to Superfi etc...

All my system below bar the 685's are off eBay; new and used!
main reason i dont have an ebay account

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I give up.

Sorry but i just feel that youre being narrow minded! If you have such a small budget and youre adamant that you wont go 2nd hand; my advice would be keep saving till you can afford a decent amp and speakers brand new!

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:I give up.

Sorry but i just feel that youre being narrow minded! If you have such a small budget and youre adamant that you wont go 2nd hand; my advice would be keep saving till you can afford a decent amp and speakers brand new!
i may go 2nd hand as long as its a shop, i want to be able to test them

A

Anonymous

I understand your concern about 2nd hand. Just wanted to say though I got my NAD C320BEE amp for £105 from a classified section on another form and my B&W DM601 S3 speakers for £125 from eBay.

A cracking system for your budger

A

Anonymous

jazzy639:
I understand your concern about 2nd hand. Just wanted to say though I got my NAD C320BEE amp for £105 from a classified section on another form and my B&W DM601 S3 speakers for £125 from eBay.

A cracking system for your budger

its not 2nd hand im concerned about buying its buying off ebay im concerned about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts