£200 speakers

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm replacing my bookshelf speakers and tossing up between a couple of choices. I have a Marantz pm6002 amp and am replacing my mordaunt short 902i. At the moment I'm thinking the wharfedale 220 or tannoy dc6. I own some tannoy F4 and was fairly impressed with those for the money. Has anyone owned the 220 or dc6 and has opinions? Thanks.

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
OK. It's between the 3020s and the DC6s. Might hold out for a bit and see what kind of feedback the 3020s get when they have been out for a period of time and organise a demo. Cheers.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Richer Sounds VIP Club were offering I think a TEAC mini system with a pair of DC6 for £299 just before Christmas they really had some unbelievable offers.

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I think this need for a new pair has come at the worst possible time in terms of getting the best deal. Tannoys will cost around £210 compared with Q Acoustics £190. May just hang on and see what deals crop up and have some will power for the time being.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I think if you heard what I did you would be rushing out to buy a pair of 3020's it's unlikely there will be any discounts, they were offering 20% off at the show!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
IQ, at the Bristol show Q Accoustics had - to my ears - the worst sounding demo.

Not sure which speaker was on demo, they were big. Sounded empty to me - listened several times inbetween the pmc demos.

iQ Speakers said:
I think if you heard what I did you would be rushing out to buy a pair of 3020's it's unlikely there will be any discounts, they were offering 20% off at the show! 

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Very recently I heard a pair of DC6SE speakers driven by an Arcam A19.

Absolutely unlistenable, I know I do not have a great regard for a lot of budget hi-fi but this was something else.

If you have to keep the cost under £200, then Zensor 1s, by a wide margin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts