£1000 Chord USB review

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
£1000 Chord Sarum Tuned ARAY USB cable reviewed here:

"What stands out with the Chord Sarum Tuned Array USB is how prominent clarity positions itself throughout the soundstage, from the centre focus to the very edges of the enormous soundstage produced by the cable. Notes on the boundaries of the stage are as thick and clearly defined as the centre focus and the centre focus has as much definition as the boundaries."

Gentlemen, start your engines! ;-)

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
£1000 Chord Sarum Tuned ARAY USB cable reviewed here:

"What stands out with the Chord Sarum Tuned Array USB is how prominent clarity positions itself throughout the soundstage, from the centre focus to the very edges of the enormous soundstage produced by the cable. Notes on the boundaries of the stage are as thick and clearly defined as the centre focus and the centre focus has as much definition as the boundaries."

Gentlemen, start your engines! ;-)
Oh my. I thought from the title it was a DAC with a USB socket and that £1000 was a lot for that. £1000 for a USB cable is certifiable. I bet some pillock on the forum will defend it though.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I like the description of the sound - clearly they are impressed with the quality of the soundstage.

To get a soundstage they are describing is not easy - normally on loads of systems I have heard everything just sounds thin and unrealistic as a result.

The reviewer has obviously got decent centre imagery but lacking side imagery of the same quality. He has learned something about his systems short comings there in my view

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
hammill said:
Oh my. I thought from the title it was a DAC with a USB socket

Nope: Chord Chompany, not Chord Electronics. That review's a crackerjack of bonkersness, isn't it?
"A crackerjack of bonkersness". I like (and agree with) the description.

K

keeper of the quays

A crackerjack of bonkersness..lol brilliant!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Have you auditioned this cable, or is this a troll thread meant to spread negativity through ridicule of our hobby?
I am sure he will audition it - right after he has parked his Concorde and taken a Bugatti Veyron for a spin.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Have you auditioned this cable, or is this a troll thread meant to spread negativity through ridicule of our hobby?

Neither, but rather a statement of amazement and bafflement at what on earth the chap is on about. I have no opinion one way or another on the efficacy of such cables, having neither experience of them nor any inclination to make such comparisons. Life's too short.

I leave the trolling to those much more accomplished in such arts.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:

Neither, but rather a statement of amazement and bafflement at what on earth the chap is on about. I have no opinion one way or another on the efficacy of such cables, having neither experience of them nor any inclination to make such comparisons. Life's too short.

I leave the trolling to those much more accomplished in such arts.

It would be reasonable for someone who has no experience, opinion or interest on a matter not to start a thread that is clearly meant to slag people off and their ideas. Gentlemen, start your engines? Doing what Norman?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
It would be reasonable for someone who has no experience, opinion or interest on a matter not to start a thread that is clearly meant to slag people off and their ideas. Gentlemen, start your engines? Doing what Norman?

I was commenting merely on the reviewer-babble in the piece to which I linked, and BTW nowhere did I say I had no interest in the subject. Otherwise I wouldn't have read (or at least attempted to decode) the piece in question.

But mea culpa: when I started it I didn't realise this thread was all about you. Again. Remiss of me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts