Question You're a millionaire

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

How much would you spend on Hi Fi?

• Total voters

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Is most American cheese still pretty bland? Can't beat a really sturdy Cheddar.
Absolutely agreed there 12th ......
A good mature cheddar is always the way, from working on site to enjoying a day Infront of the hifi and TV etc etc.

It's typically an English persuit originally from the caves around cheddar gorge in Somerset providing the ideal humidity and steady temperature needed to make the perfect cheese imo 😊.

Many times the outline of my bite has been left on the block in the fridge as a kid to get the wrath of my parents.

Friesiansam

Absolutely agreed there 12th ......
A good mature cheddar is always the way, from working on site to enjoying a day Infront of the hifi and TV etc etc.

It's typically an English persuit originally from the caves around cheddar gorge in Somerset providing the ideal humidity and steady temperature needed to make the perfect cheese imo 😊.

Many times the outline of my bite has been left on the block in the fridge as a kid to get the wrath of my parents.
The process of making Cheddar cheese is called Cheddaring and, was invented in Cheddar. Unfortunately, the inventor didn’t bother to patent the process. I grew-up in nearby Priddy but, even so, didn’t develop a taste for good Cheddar cheese until in my twenties…

Gray

Never thought I'd abandon them, but I think Sainsbury's own are nicer and cost 40p a tin.
Gave up on Heinz long ago.
Lidl Newgate are fine, though their 4-packs have increased significantly in price.

Last visit, there were no 4-packs - individual tins 42p.....and I grabbed a (28p) 'Simply' tin to find out how much worse they are.

Beware of sneaky weight drops per tin when comparing prices.
(Both Newgate and Simply are 420 grams)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
On the subject of cheese, I love cheese, all cheese, soft cheese, smelly cheese, hard cheese. Cheese is the food of love, eat it with freshly baked sourdough bread, knock back the ale or wine if you want to be classy.

Oh Oh don't forget the green Italian olives, sliced miniature cucumbers and vine tomatoes, lavished in rapeseed oil and a dab of caramelized onion humus.
Heaven

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Love me a crumbly cheddar.

But yeah, having my formative years in Lincolnshire, New Jersey is pretty disappointing on the cheese end. There is some actually quite decent New York cheddar, though.

What is a major disappointment is that in NJ, you get a choice of two sausages - sweet Italian and hot Italian. What I would do for a Lincolnshire sausage is not appropriate for this forum.

The process of making Cheddar cheese is called Cheddaring and, was invented in Cheddar. Unfortunately, the inventor didn’t bother to patent the process. I grew-up in nearby Priddy but, even so, didn’t develop a taste for good Cheddar cheese until in my twenties…
No-one in their right mind would argue with a cow about cheese.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Well further adding to my other posts I know that regardless of winning big I'd keep my 30yrs plus pioneer A-400 and twice repaired Marantz cd52 mk2.
They've grown up with me since a kid when my father originally bought it and a full sweep of all the what hifi budget award winners from 1990-93.
l always tried to better them two in particular with things costing more with varying results.

It's given me an added appreciation for the old girl 🤣 (I've formed an emotional attachment with it over the yrs)
Since my missions failed aka (I blew them up)
i decided to swap over the QA 3050i from my main hifi already knowing I like them, then as you know demoed for replacements settling on fyne f502's (which I REALLY like).

The QA sound predictably good through it.
That good I'd say to me I prefer the pioneer to the roskan k3 😲

TRENDING THREADS