Your Song/Track of the Day

Page 76 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
The Power Of Love (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)

https://youtu.be/NyoTvgPn0rU

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft
Great shout! FGTH - definitely a band of that time - great song.

Gabriel Aplin does a superb version - love that too!

regards tonky

Matte

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Leonard Cohen 'You want it darker'

From the Album you want it darker.

And Club Tropicana from Wham, the best summer song ever.

Shame were losing some great artists, some all to early but that the circle of life. Better make the most of it we only have one go.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Long time ago, Douglas Adams, in one of the latter Hitchhiker's "trilogy" decribed a VCR as a device to watch TV shows we couldn't be bothered to watch ourselves. His thought, I presume, was that people used to switch on the video to record something, bog off down the pub or go do something far more fun than watching whatever they were recording, never watch what they recorded, and tape over it again sometime later. And probably not watch that either.

Well. To me, FLAC-ing can sometimes be a bit like that. I'll go into a store and have a rummage through the clearance bins, pick out a few CDs, rip them to FLACs and put them away, never bothering to listen to them.

So it was with this album that came out in May 1982. That's nearly thirty-five years ago and I hadn't even finished my O-levels!!

I was wiring up the speakers in the living room ceiling this afternoon, hooked up a USB hard disk to the receiver and put this on just to test out the connections. Never ever heard it before.

Wow,

Roxy Music. Avalon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts