Your most recent gig

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Judie Tzuke - last night at the Union Chapel Islington .

She was a little under the weather but she ploughed on regardless with the fantastic support of her daughters and the band , also helped on by the large number of family members and friends in the audience .

Very heart warming :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Jeff Beck at the Cliffs Pavilion, Southend on Sea last night . :rockout:

I also saw Guthrie Govan in the audience !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drAv2FoYji8

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
marou said:
Neil Finn at RFH a couple of weeks ago. Great musician, wonderful voice, terrific band, but new material a bit dull.

Crowded House, hard act to follow....

Hi guys, I`m sure you all have already but I always like to make sure Crowded House fans have checked out Split Enz?

Regarding new material, I only caught one song on Jools Holland a few weeks back and it didn`t grab me either.

I

marou

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
marou said:
Neil Finn at RFH a couple of weeks ago. Great musician, wonderful voice, terrific band, but new material a bit dull.

Crowded House, hard act to follow....

Quite - and the Crowded House material was brilliantly performed, particularly in a segment alone at the piano.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
survivor said:
mr malarky said:
Tori Amos tonight at Royal Albert Hall.

just incredible!

Nice one! I`m guessing she played plenty of new material from her latest album?

a fair bit, but plenty of older stuff as well. Great venue (first time I've been there) and her voice is as haunting as ever.

Now off to see prince tonight in Manchester. :grin:

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
David. She did play a date in Birmingham, but I don't know it. Symphony Hall ?

with her living in Cornwall part time, I was hoping for something in the South West. Bristol would be perfect :)

bit of trivia. 20+ years ago she filmed a music video in the town I was living in. There was an estate there straight out of 1950s USA suburbia.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
This one. Calne. We weren't allowed near, and it was boring waiting about http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1db4n_tori-amos-jackie-s-strength_music

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
survivor said:
Hi guys, I`m sure you all have already but I always like to make sure Crowded House fans have checked out Split Enz?

Hiya :)

I've heard of them, and probably know a tune or two. Recommend an album please?

Hi Freddy,

That`s easy - `True Colours`. Still got this one on laser etched vinyl no less! If I remember correctly Styx released the first laser etched single, `The Best of Times` and Split Enz the first album. But I could be wrong!

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
survivor said:
Freddy58 said:
survivor said:

Hi Freddy,

That`s easy - `True Colours`. Still got this one on laser etched vinyl no less! If I remember correctly Styx released the first laser etched single, `The Best of Times` and Split Enz the first album. But I could be wrong!

It's on order :)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
survivor said:
Freddy58 said:
survivor said:

Hi Freddy,

It's on order :)

Hi Freddy,

Late night and I`m actually having a listen right now! Hope you enjoy it.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

mr malarky said:
Prince, Manchester last night.

Drove for 6 hours to get there - totally worth it!!

Jesus! Where do you live, Sweden?

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
mr malarky said:
Prince, Manchester last night.

Drove for 6 hours to get there - totally worth it!!

Jesus! Where do you live, Sweden?

have you ever tried the M6 on a Friday?

Left Surrey at 11.30, got to the hotel at 5.45 (though stopped for a guilty KFC at the services..). Half hour nap in the hotel room then down to the bar and on to the venue!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Nine Inch Nails.

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig despite being initially disappointed with is starting off with four of them on keyboards - no drummer! Fear not, after a couple of tracks, March Of The Pigs kicked in with enough force to rearrange your internal organs. There's a few tracks which are way better live.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Also went to see NIN last night. Brutal and brilliant.

March of the Pigs was mental.

Davids right, even not quite as memorable were turned into something special live.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts