Your most recent gig

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The Prodigy last night in Birmingham. Very good, if a little short.

Support was Public Enemy, not really my thing but I quite liked the last couple of tracks.

jjbomber

Dan Patlansky at Planet Rockstock in Trecco Bay. Firstly I was impressed by the whole set up in Trecco Bay, much better than I was expecting. Sound system was superb. The sound from the band was incredibly tight, best I've ever heard them. The only downside was that my favourite songs didn't make the setlist, namely Luca, Your War and Daddy's Old Gun, which is Dan's best song. The showcase La Chana took the roof off the place, the crowd went mad. Great show.

setlist:

Drone

Bring The World To It's Knees

Run

Hold On

Stop The Messin'

Fetch Your Spade

Backbite

My Chana

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Killing Joke @ O2ABC Glasgow. Excellent as usual. Really good varied set list ranging from the 1st to the latest excellent album. Jaz is still a mentalist genius & Geordie's guitar is still like "the sound of the Earth vomiting".

New Model Army @ Liquid Room Edinburgh (for my 13th show - I'm a bit of a fan ). IMHO I thought they were a little lacklustre that night bar from a few spine tingling moments such as 'Another Imperial Day'. How relevant today.

Both of these seminal bands have now been making innovative original music & showing the imposters how to do it for now 35 years !

Foo Fighters @ Meadowbank Stadium Edinburgh. Dave-on-the-Dalekchair-tour.

Very enjoyable. Great set list & great performance. Vocals were maybe better than normal live performance maybe because wasn't running around shouting & screaming. He tried to.

jjbomber

Leicester 3 piece who really rock. This time it was at The Doll House in Abertillery. New venue for me an a quaint extended pub. Charity evening, so free to get in if you gave £2 to charity! There were bands playing from 2pm but I got there at 9.30pm in time for Skam at 10pm. A short set of 40 minutes but very well received by the crowd. Someone behind me said they were far and away the best band of the day, which is what we like to hear. Glad to see that No Lies was back as set opener, rather than the elongated Peacemaker from the summer tour.

The band are in the middle of recording their 3rd album, scheduled for a summer release. they work as teachers, so the tours are always in the school holidays. Catch them up close and personal before they get too big.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Dan Patlansky at Planet Rockstock in Trecco Bay.

Only recently heard of him, and have seen a couple of YouTube vids. He seems to be an excellent guitar player, if a little flash. Mind you, I don't mind a bit of flash *smile* First chance I get, I'll go see him.

Oh yeah, I went to see The Darkness on Sunday, at the 02 in Bristol. As the place was packed, I didn't actually see them, but they sounded ok.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Last night. Went to see Ghost.

The support were called DEAD SOUL. I'm listening to them now on Spotify I'm convinced they'd go down well here.

Main act GHOST. easily one of the best bands I've seen this year (over 2 dozen gigs). Just amazing

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Gaz Coombes @ The Roundhouse, last night. Really good show, Mr Coombes is really starting to prove his worth, and is an undoubted talent, shame he didn't play the Supergrass song 'St Petersburg', would've really worked on the night, and it's such a great song.

He did encore with 'Five Years' by Bowie, and I'm afraid I got all choked up, and embarrassed myself and my wife. *smile*

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Just got back. Wow.

I've never seen them live before, and I've never even seen any videos of them live, so didn't really know what to expect. It was Mezzanine that got me into them, and have always loved the track Teardrop, which along with Inertia Creeps were performed beautifully, but the show stealer was Angel. On the album, the drums are quite subdued, but live they are far more prominent in the mix, and massively powerful, really beefing the whole track up. Stunning, and worth paying the ticket price to hear that track alone.

jjbomber

Austrian symphonic rockers Serenity at the London Underworld. They were co-headlining with Xandria, though they should have headlined. The place was packed out. A 73 minute set in total with new female vocalist Tasha making her first tour. The star of the show is Georg, surely one of the best front men in rock. Highlight was when he stopped the show as a guy in the crowd hadn't smiled all night. 'This can only be one of two reasons. Firstly, maybe you think the band is ****...... Or maybe you are thirsty!'. With that Georg hands him a bottle of Heineken. Brilliant.

Setlist was mainly the new album.

Codex Atlanaticus Intro - Follow Me - Sprouts Of Terror - Royal Pain - Iniquiti - My Final Chapter - Perfect Woman - Heavenly Mission - Spirit In The Flesh - Legacy Of Tudors - Serenade Of Flames - Caught In A Myth - Velatum

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Chikitas @Mother's Ruin in Bristol last Friday.

Two very loud girls - one on drums, one on guitar - sort of a female equivalent of Royal Blood, only much louder and angrier!

http://thechikitas.com

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'd heard a track by the band Purson on 6 Music, and quite liked it, so as they were playing at a pub just down the road, the wife and I decided to go and see them.

They were more or less what I expected, good, but not quite hitting the mark for me. My wife thought they were excellent though.

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard or seen them live, but I think they'd appeal to Rock, Folk, Psychedelia, Prog and Goth fans, as there's elements of all those different styles in the mix.

There's a young Amanda Donohoe lookalike on vocals and guitar, and a 'lady' with a beard of keyboards, so what more could you want?

the-one-7.jpg

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Natalie Merchant - last night at the Royal Albert Hall .

She was absolutely amazing as were the musicians including a string quartet .

The sound quality where we were sitting was also superb even though we were right up in the gods .

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Im due to see the Wonder stuff, supported by the Wedding Present a week Saturday in Leeds and the Manic Street Preachers at the Victorious Festival in Southsea August.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts