your first cd player and discs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
First CDP in da house was a very nice Marantz CD60 SE

marantz.jpg

First CDs were some classical - Karajan's Planets, Salvatore Accardo's Four Seasons.

Also The Durutti Column's The Guitar and Other Machines as well as Dark Side of the Moon, of course - oh and Donald Fagen's Night Fly.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
ashworth_rich: First discs were pretty awful....Duran Duran Ordinary World single, Erasure Pop 20 (No idea where this is now!), Counting Crows - August and Everything After (great album, may play it today)

I think `Ordinary World` by Duran Duran is a great song!

A

Anonymous

Technics SL-P1 CD Player. 1984/5.

First discs were Rush 'Hemispheres' and 'Permanent Waves' at £18.49 each (German imports) from Virgin. When I asked they said there were no plans to release them here - so I bought them. Needless to say they were released several months later for £11 I think. They are cracking warm recordings mind!

A

Anonymous

survivor:
ashworth_rich: First discs were pretty awful....Duran Duran Ordinary World single, Erasure Pop 20 (No idea where this is now!), Counting Crows - August and Everything After (great album, may play it today)

Oh yeah!
I was thinking of Erasure, I do like Duran Duran, and have everything Counting Crows have ever made.

Note to self - dont think and type!

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
ashworth_rich:survivor:

Oh yeah!
I was thinking of Erasure, I do like Duran Duran, and have everything Counting Crows have ever made.

Note to self - dont think and type!

Nowt wrong with Erasure (^_^')

A

Anonymous

dvdaudio:hi arw77 i also still use the mission 753 speakers i still love the sound they make
i was also wondeing if any of you prefer cd or turntable sounds
i myself think both have their merits.

I do too, but I have to say I much prefer CD's to any other format because they just seem to be the best all round medium.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts