admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It's come to my attention that I'm not quite the Spring Chicken on this forum I thought I was. It seems we have accomplished audiophiles as young as 15 in the fold! How has this happened? I've always thought of HiFi guys as middle-aged engineers with a love of fiddling. Admittedly I am a middle-aged engineer at heart...

It makes me wonder, how did the rest of you HiFi youth get hooked on the good stuff??????

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Don't worry, you're not alone! Some of us are (well) over 21
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="Andy Clough"]Some of us are (well) over 21
emotion-1.gif
[/quote]

well I know Clare is 24 and Andrew is not far off that
emotion-5.gif

[/quote]

How old would Elvis be if he was still with us?.......assuming that he is no longer with us, of course ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]
How old would Elvis be if he was still with us?.......assuming that he is no longer with us, of course ;)[/quote]73.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

How old would Elvis be if he was still with us?.......assuming that he is no longer with us, of course ;)[/quote]73. [/quote]

73 and still posting
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

How old would Elvis be if he was still with us?.......assuming that he is no longer with us, of course ;)[/quote]73. [/quote]

.........not many 24 year olds know the answer to that ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I know more about Elvis than is probably healthy.

Am just about to make a cup of tea in an Elvis mug, while glancing across at my Andy Warhol print of Elvis. And the set of Elvis russian dolls on the windowsill....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]

73 and still posting
emotion-2.gif

[/quote]

.........looking well preserved for your years dude.........we need to address the issue of your hypothalamic function though (i'll leave you audiophiles to work out what i mean.....not a derogatory phrase i hasten to add!) ;)

A

Anonymous

I know more about Elvis than is probably healthy.

Am just about to make a cup of tea in an Elvis mug, while glancing across at my Andy Warhol print of Elvis. And the set of Elvis russian dolls on the windowsill....

[/quote]

I like Thaiman too........but I think that's taking things a bit too far ;)

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
My best mate's older brother got him hooked on it with his Naim Audio and Kef Reference set up.
At the time I first saw and heard this I was currently looking at buying a technics sc-ch 610 mini system. I was a lost 16 year old soul completely dazzled by the look of this machine. Once I heard the naims and the kefs there was no turning back! My mate swiftly purchased his first system from Richer Sounds and within months I had completed my first project and was eagerly buying what hi-fi every month!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]I know more about Elvis than is probably healthy[/quote]

I am hoping to take my mother to see Elvis tribute in Las Vegas on her birthday, I am far too busy posting to preform and aloha set now a day!

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
I was after a 1 box system but when a friend recently sold me his Rotel power amp, pre amp, Nakamichi CD player and B&W 603's I didn't look back - I think I've been thrown in at the deep end with this set up though

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I vow that I would never spend more than £10,000 in total on a hi-fi system though! PMC OB1i, Arcam A32, Arcam P35, Arcam CD192, Linn LP12...that's the proper set-up I want....but I really should be spending my money on a car in a few years...LandRover 90 Tdi from the 90s! Or a Saab 9000!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Sabb 9000!, that was great car to drive but mpg was a joke, I could never get anything near the 27mpg mark. service cost is dearer than Merc (c class) too.

As for Land Rover I have no interest in 4 wheels drive as I never go off road! Why buy something that you don't need.

Oh Which forum I am in? What HiFi? or What car?...sorry

A

Anonymous

at 26 i guess im closer towards the spring chicken than most on this forum? i caught the hi-fi bug from my father. i grew-up enjoying his system and the music played on it. while my music taste varies quite a bit from my fathers my love of quality sound does not.

A

Anonymous

I'd hazard a guess I'm fairly young compared to most at 20...my dad got me into it. I had my very own seperates system in my bedroom (his pass-me-downs) at the age of 11, this comprised Aurex (Toshiba) amp (now 26 years old, can be found in my loft AND it STILL works), Cambridge Audio cdp, and Kef Codas (which I still think were awesome speakers).

Nowadays I don't live with my dad, and my mum and step dad think I'm crazy for spending the money I do on my hifi...nevermind if all goes to plan I'll be in my own place this time next year :)

Oh and another thing that really annoys me...my father also tried to get my sister into it with a mixture of some cheap seperates for christmas and some more hand-me-downs...a few months later and dad's old 5 disc changer Harman Kardan has customised sparkly nail varnish buttons, and the JPW speaker's tweeters are inside out...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="unleash_me"]
[quote user="Hughes123"]....but I really should be spending my money on a car in a few years...LandRover 90 Tdi from the 90s![/quote]

Good idea, cuz from now on you cant have British tag attached! Indian make is ok with you?!

http://www.euronews.net/index.php?page=eco&article=477268&lng=1

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/03/28/stories/2008032852020100.htm
[/quote]

What a joke huh? Tata...the maker of the Tata Safari....Top Gear's voted worse car? What a absolute disaster...and that's not the worst of people...Jag are also under their ownership....JAG! ONE OF ONLY TWO PROPER TRADITIONAL BRITISH CAR MANAFACTURERS ALONG WITH ASTON! I just can't get my head round it....well I'm going to go deafen myself with some Rob Dougan - Clubbed to death and hopefully a bit of Alice Cooper - Poison to top it off....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts