Yamaha ysp-2200?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello i could do with a bit of advise, probley off of the reviewers because i don't think that the 'yamaha ysp-2200' sound bar is out yet. I currently have a 'denon dht-fs3' soundbar and previously had a full 'b&w' 7.1 set up. The denon bar doesn't even come close to the seperates system for surround performance but i didn't expect it to, it was just a space saving option. However having seen the review on the new 'yamaha' soundbar i was wondering wether there would be a justification in buying one? is it really that good on performance? obviously its got nice shiney hdmi conectivity but if theres not much sonic improvment will i be wasting my money? I'm sat on the fence with this one and could really do with some opinion. Thanks for reading and any help would be grateful.

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I love mine - yes it is available - I have never owned a separates system so can not comment on this. My room is not ideal with the tv and sound bar in the corner but I still get great surround effects.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, does it produce a deep bass from the sub? i do like a good explosion and if you don't mind me asking where did you get it from and how much?

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
jerry16 said:
Thanks for the reply, does it produce a deep bass from the sub? i do like a good explosion and if you don't mind me asking where did you get it from and how much?

In my opinion yes - but I am no expect.

This is the link for where I bought it - http://newcastlehifi.co.uk/products/ebz_product_pages/yamaha_ysp2200.shtml. I ordered it in October and took about 6 weeks to be delivered.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link, it would appear that everywhere is out of stock at the moment i've ordered one anyway and i'll post my opinion on it when i recieve it. Fingers crossed it'll be better than the one i've got otherwise i might just have wasted £700.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
You may have seen my review of the Yamaha YSP-2200 on these forums. Love mine. Watched Resident Evil - Extinction on friday. Birds fly in from all around and can be heard in the opposite corners of my room to the position of the soundbar.

Auto calibration is great but did a couple of little things to boost performance ( at least in corner position)

Decrease Subwoofer volume, it can be really boomy to begin, just decrease sub volume 2-3 levels. Worth raising Centre by 1 also.

Use a THX disc or similar to test volume of rear sound channels, mine were too low to begin with. ( Strangely when you do this sound comes from area of bar rather than other positions like when watching movies)

You can have 3 personal settings, so curtains -closed/ open for example. Just run calibration mic and save different options 1-3.

Set the included mic stand so that sound can bounce off walls rather than too low so its aimed at settee.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tips i'll be sure to refer back to them when i come to set it up, I'm expecting a lot from this soundbar and i'm quite looking forward to it to be honest. I just hope that it can fill a bit of the void left by my separates.

A

Anonymous

I have had mine a couple of weeks now , it is set up to a PS3 and sky ..it took me a while to get it working how I wanted it . I find that because its in the corner of a room facing out the surround effect is better on one side than the other. I must say I am very happy with my purchase even on the normal TV mode in stereo sounds 100% better than my panny tv…..The only thing that lets it down is the cheap looking remote control , but I can live with that …

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input, i'm getting a good vibe off of the soundbar system, can't wait.

Mazza

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I too now own an LG 50px990 and Yamaha YSP-2200. I have the YSP connected to HDMI 1 in the TV and Virgin v+ and xbox connected to the YSP with a HDMI each. Can you leave the YSP in standby to switch between the Xbox and V+? I find I have to switch the ysp on to switch the input and then put it back on standby if not using the sound bar. Sound is excellent by the way when watching a DVD. Am too going to purchase a Sony BDP S 570 for 3d blu-rays.

A

Anonymous

Dan.m said:
Jerry16, how are you finding the soundbar. Iam very tempted to get one

Sorry i've been away from these forums for some time, but not to be ignorant i'll reply anyway, I don't know if by now you've purchased one of these soundbars or not, but i can't recommend mine enough. You get surround effects, deep bass, and clarity of sound that i can't fault. It is an expensive soundbar but when you take into account the simplicity of the soundbar concept against the traditional speaker packages i don't think i'll go back to a 7.1 set up when you get almost the same experience with the soundbar. Also theres the auto calibration with the mic just like you get with the av amps. Its a cracking piece of kit and from the recent reviews that i've read its probley still the one to buy.

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi jerry. I've still not bought a soundbar/av system as ive been spending money on the house. I am still very interested in the 2200 but with the recent drop in price of the ysp4100 has now become an option. Oddly enough ive just come back from the Manchester what hi-fi show where i saw the yam's but didn't have that good a listen. However, im hoping to home audtion the two bars. The 4100 can be had for approx £900 but it is bigger and i may struggle to accommodate it, but i think it does sound better (especially with a sub but this puts it in a different price bracket!!) Choices, choices

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts