Soundbar recommendation needed

rafaelamorim

Apr 11, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm in the market searching for a soundbar, my budget is around 250€.
What I want the soundbar for is:

Good movie performance (ideally that makes the impression of surround);
Good vocal / dialogue performance;
Good bass.

I hear a lot of podcasts / audiobooks and love to watch series / movies with action, so ideally something that gives good immersive experience.

I was thinking about the Denon DHT-S316, Polk Signa S3, the Samsung HW-B650 or the Yamaha SR-C20A, however I'm completely open to suggestions.

The space is not an issue, I have a 65 inch TV that will be connected through eARC.

rafaelamorim

Apr 11, 2023
Visit site
Rafa - if the use of € is an indication, MediaMarket have the Sonos Ray discounted by 15% to €255.
Won't the Ray lack bass for the immersion of the movies? Also since it's a compact bar I'm afraid of it not giving the "surround" effect (I know it's not true surround however a bigger bar should be more immersive I think?)
I'm a complete newbie regarding soundbars as you can tell

Won't the Ray lack bass for the immersion of the movies? Also since it's a compact bar I'm afraid of it not giving the "surround" effect (I know it's not true surround however a bigger bar should be more immersive I think?)
I'm a complete newbie regarding soundbars as you can tell
Some are better designed and project sound much better than others regardless of size.
A cheap large soundbar with subwoofer attached are often no better than a well designed smaller bar.
The Sky Soundbox is a case in poin but you're going to have to find a second-hand one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts