Yamaha rxv 1065 firmware update problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying unsucessfully now to update this receivers firmware. All I get is update fail.

I have downloaded the firmware onto a USB firstly though unzipped the file, placed the USB into the receiver when it is on standby, started it up and held down the striaght button to get to advanced options then selected firm update. Result - update fail. I have tried different USB's but get the same result. Any advice?

Cheers

wilsmusic

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
not sure why this hasn't worked...have you tried playing a music file via the USB? This would at least clear up whether there is a hardware problem with the connection on your amp I guess.

Also I'd make sure the USB is clear of anything apart from the update file.

Will

A

Anonymous

Thanks Will. Music plays fine via the USB. Using two different USB's, both formatted and contain only the unzipped firmware. I've tried the update with all the optical and HD cables disconnected but I always get the Update Fail message within a few seconds of trying.

My only hope is getting the firmware onto the amp vai a disk unless there's something I have missed on the menu.

The amp was bought in June 2010 and the update was available just under a year ago, to be honest the update should have been completed on the receiver before I bought it. If it had been I might still have some hair...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts