Rx-v673 firmware update issue!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forum and would love some advice.

I have just installed an rx-v673 and it works great fantastic in fact but I connected it to the net (hard wire for speed) and it started to download the new firm ware. Part way through it displayed "Error! 2000" so I called a yamaha dealer. " oh yes sir, happens all the time the Internet has been interrupted, simply unplug leave for a while plug back in etc...) so I did. But when I turned it on it displayed ROM issue ( or something similar). So I then read on a forum to download the data on to a USB and update via front panel. So I did but now it starts by saying verifying but then informs me of "device error" or something any advice to get the best amp I have had back to working status :cry:

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If this is still showing a problem i would contact the dealer you purchased your Yamaha amp from first, make sure you still have the original receipt, it should still be within warranty. Alternatively give Yamaha a ring, assuming you are in the UK this is their contact information...

UK Technical Support is available by telephone on 0844 811 1116 from the UK or 01526 2449 from the Republic of Ireland - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (4.30pm on Friday).

Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK)
Sherbourne Drive
Tilbrook
Milton Keynes
MK7 8BL
Tel: 0844 811 1116 (UK) / 01526 2449 (Republic of Ireland)
Fax: 01908 368872

Regards ..

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Returned the offending amp back to dealer, exchanged instantly. New amp installed and working perfectly. :)

A

Anonymous

I had exactly the same issue yesterday. Best to do next time is to do another update by a USB stick. You go to the following site and follow the instructions for troubleshooting with firmware updates:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v673_black_u/?mode=model

Pls note that the firmware has to be unzipped (extracted) in the root of the USB drive not in a folder!

Worked smoothly for me.

Success! Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts