Yamaha RX-V2067 vs RX-A2010 for MA Apex 5.1

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
In the context of a Monitor Apex 5.1 system what are the expected sonic diferences between a Yamaha RX-V2067 and a RX-A20101? Which do you feel "the best" for the Apex combo?

Thanks!!

J

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I've read that Aventage series are voiced for US sonic tastes (leaner and more forward sound than the european RX-V series). Is this true? Any comments about this issue will be EXTREMELY welcomed cause I'm going to cancel today my order for a RX-V2067 to go for a RX-A2010 and suddenly I'm a bit confused cause I don't want a leaner sound that matches no so nice with the Apex system. Thanks!!

Hi MMW

I've found the presentation of the Aventage RX-A2010 to be even fuller, richer, dynamic whilst also being more detailed and faster then the RX-V2067. As good as the RX-V2067 is however the RX-V2067 sounds somewhat flat and thin in comparison to the Aventage RX-A2010.

The Aventage RX-A2010's overall quality of power, performance and its tonal balance also matches with Apex speakers just nicely :)

Fwiw, my findings are partly based on comparing the quality of the pre amp sections of both the RX-V2067 and Aventage RX-A2010 using ATC's SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rick!! I know you have extensive experience with Yamaha and Apex systems so now I can go for the RX-A2010 with confidence and peace of mind! :)

Thanks again!

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rick!! I know you are very experienced with Yamaha and Monitor Audio systems so now I can go for the RX-A2010 wih confidence and peace of mind. Thanks again!!!

MMW said:
Thanks Rick!! I know you are very experienced with Yamaha and Monitor Audio systems so now I can go for the RX-A2010 wih confidence and peace of mind. Thanks again!!!

Hi MMW

Your welcome.

Btw, please also remember that i recommended using standard 500 strand OFC speaker cables for Apex speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MMW

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Rick,

Yes, I´m trying to locate a small set of 500 strands OFC to try in my system when RX-A2010 arrives!

Thanks!! :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts