Yamaha RX V1900 vs. RX V1067

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys, I'm getting a RX V1900 for the same price of a V1067 ( in my country ). I guess the RX V1900 is more of a equal to V2067.

1. So it must be superior sound wise to V1067.... Am i right ?

2. What will i lose out over V1067 if i get the V1900...?

3. Which should i get & why ?

Thanks

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
bro only have the budget for either V1900 or V1067.... wanna put the money saved on the better speakers....

1. Would the V1900 be better sound wise than V1067 ?

2. Would the V1900 have same power and sound quality as the V2067 ? ( since basically V1900 was replaced by V2065 and now by V2067 )

Please advise....

Thanks

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Rana - is there no chance of getting a dem of both where you've found them? The big benefit generally of newer model AV Receivers is the ability to decode the very latest sound formats. In terms of power and other spec, you could look at the Yamaha website, but there still isn't much of a substitute for listening if you can.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi frens,

I need a definitive answer for this as my dealer has just 2 V1900's left and I need to make a decision quickly.

If we only keep a single parameter of "Sound Quality" in mind...

Is the RX V1900 better than RX V1067...?

Demo of either is not available in my city and I trust you guys a lot...

Experts kindly come forward and help a fellow brother here...

Thanks,

Rana

The RX-V1900 is superior to the RX-V1067 when I compared them. But then, if you're planning to invest in 3D in the future, then the 1067 is a better bet.

What speakers have you got? It really depends on the ability of the speakers to bring the best out of the receiver.

A

Anonymous

Age old question ay is older higher end model better then newer lower end model. Rick from Musicraft if you are going to throw in a recommendation at least explain why. No sales talk Rick :) Rana is asking a genuine question. I suppose look at power, proccessors and other specs to give yourself a better idea. Obviously buying either of these will be good because they are both good models and to be honest at this price level with the reviews they have recieved you won't be dissapointed either way. The speakers will have more of a impact on sound so system matching with that is the key.

A

Anonymous

What speakers are you planning on using? Looks like RX1067 may have a better processor but RX1900 has more power. So depends on speakers now. 3D thing has been highlighted and if you are using life style speaker system RX1067 maybe better if the processor is better. Having said that if your choosing a big speaker package the extra power on RX1900 may help.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
What does the processor do ? and how are they better for lifestyle speaker system and not for a big speaker package...?

The Speakers will most likely be a combination of these....

1. MA RX1 + RX Center + RX FX

2. MA BX2 + BX Center + BX FX

3. PSB Image B6 + C5 + S5

4. Paradigm Titan Monitor + cc290 + Adp 190

Subwoofer is SVS PC 12 NSD.

Just wanna let you guys know that i really don't need 3D, networking, and any of the newer fancy features.

I need to make a decision purely on basis of "Sound Quality".
I researched the lineage...

V863 -> V1065 -> V1067

V1900 -> V2065 -> V2067

So RX V1900 must be superior sound wise to RX V1067.... Am i right ?

Thanks

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I would be fairly sure that you are right. The RX-V1900 is only a couple of years old and will surely outperform present day budget amps. Personally, I can't understand this obsession with the latest model - it's quality that counts!

A

Anonymous

The better the processor the better the effects ie speed, steering. Better processor does number crunching faster and hence can aid an aspect of sound quality. The other things effect sound or delivery is power.

When you have a small sub sat system there is only so much power they need to perform their best. Speed is the plus point for sub sat systems and what I mean by getting an amp with a good processor can maximise that. It is a very fine line to balance. There is the other flip of the coin where the extra power on the RX1900 may have an impact on the quality and at the end as a whole sound better for it. It is splitting hairs and the only way to make sure is to listen to both. The RXV1900 was £1000 when it came out and the RXV1067 is £850 so with the 3 years of subtle improvements on the newer cheaper model the gap maybe small and there is every chance in this regard the newer cheaper one sounds better.

A

Anonymous

Ok my mind is made up. I would go for the newer model based on all things considered. The new internal layout being one of them. If you look at the back the layout and design of 1067 is virually identical to the higher new 2067 and 3067 models. I know it might sound dumb but it is a good point. This indicates that Yamaha have adjusted the design to a degree which reflects the symetrical internal design as indicated on this new range. Hopefully a design change for the better. WHF have had 3 years apart from the RXV1900 reviewing loads of new models and if the new RXV1067 stands up as a 5 star product now this has to be a good thing. I go deep lo but you have to because the mags just do not give enough insight anymore.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
bigboss:
The RX-V1900 is superior to the RX-V1067 when I compared them. But then, if you're planning to invest in 3D in the future, then the 1067 is a better bet.

What speakers have you got? It really depends on the ability of the speakers to bring the best out of the receiver.

Bigboss,

Can you give a few more details about your comparison of them both....? In what ways was the 1900 better than the 1067 ?

Thanks

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Bobbyx:Ok my mind is made up. I would go for the newer model based on all things considered. The new internal layout being one of them. If you look at the back the layout and design of 1067 is virually identical to the higher new 2067 and 3067 models. I know it might sound dumb but it is a good point. This indicates that Yamaha have adjusted the design to a degree which reflects the symetrical internal design as indicated on this new range. Hopefully a design change for the better. WHF have had 3 years apart from the RXV1900 reviewing loads of new models and if the new RXV1067 stands up as a 5 star product now this has to be a good thing. I go deep lo but you have to because the mags just do not give enough insight anymore.

Bobbyx,

i appreciate your effort :)

but v1900 is 130 w and v1067 is 105 w. Dou you really think that the v1067 could be superior to the v1900....?

more over if i'm correct v863 - > v1065 - > v1067

where as v1900 -> v2065 - > v2067

so how can a lower budget model be superior to a higher model...? Yes it might have more features but it has only 105 w vs 130w of a higher model....

This is driving me nuts..... :)

A

Anonymous

rana_kirti:
Bobbyx:Ok my mind is made up. I would go for the newer model based on all things considered. The new internal layout being one of them. If you look at the back the layout and design of 1067 is virually identical to the higher new 2067 and 3067 models. I know it might sound dumb but it is a good point. This indicates that Yamaha have adjusted the design to a degree which reflects the symetrical internal design as indicated on this new range. Hopefully a design change for the better. WHF have had 3 years apart from the RXV1900 reviewing loads of new models and if the new RXV1067 stands up as a 5 star product now this has to be a good thing. I go deep lo but you have to because the mags just do not give enough insight anymore.

Bobbyx,

i appreciate your effort :)

but v1900 is 130 w and v1067 is 105 w. Dou you really think that the v1067 could be superior to the v1900....?

more over if i'm correct v863 - > v1065 - > v1067

where as v1900 -> v2065 - > v2067

so how can a lower budget model be superior to a higher model...? Yes it might have more features but it has only 105 w vs 130w of a higher model....

This is driving me nuts..... :)

I think what bobby is trying to say is that although the 1900 has 25 wpc more power than the 1067, this does not 100% mean it's the better machine. As design and components have moved on in the past 2 years. The processing of effects "maybe" better on the newer model (as I have not heard a 1900 myself). And remember those extra 25 wpc will mainly make a difference if you listen at reference levels I.e. "0"

All I can say for 100% on the matter is that the 1067 is an excellent sounding AVR for the price (I've had a 920, onkyo 876, 1065, lzx50 amongst others in the past 5 years). And it's pretty future proof spec' to boot.

Hope this helps.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
bigboss:

my sincere thanks to members above for posting their views and suggestions :)

i'm 99% set on 1067.

But i'm waiting for bigboss to kindly elaborate on his above statement before i can be 100% sure.

bigboss,

Did you hear both of them ? Can you give more details as to why you say that 1900 is superior to 1067 ? What were your listening experiences and how do they sound different from each other...?

Thanks and wishing all a Happy New Year.... :)

I listened to them when I was shopping for my friend. The dealer happened to have a Yamaha RX-V1900, so I was interested in comparing both of them. The 1900 just seemed effortless in performance, whereas I could sense that the 1067 was trying hard. Also, I found that the sound separation was better in the 1900.

But mind you, these differences became apparent only after very careful listening. On normal listening, I struggled to appreciate the difference.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
bigboss:
I listened to them when I was shopping for my friend. The dealer happened to have a Yamaha RX-V1900, so I was interested in comparing both of them. The 1900 just seemed effortless in performance, whereas I could sense that the 1067 was trying hard. Also, I found that the sound separation was better in the 1900.

But mind you, these differences became apparent only after very careful listening. On normal listening, I struggled to appreciate the difference.

bigboss,

what is sound separation ?

Also all in all did you feel that the 1900 was sounding better than 1067 ? I mean when you weren't listening carefully could you feel a definative feeling/thought in your mind which said to you that 1900 sounded better than 1067....?

Buddy you are the only guy i've found who has heard both side by side so you can understand how important your feedback will be to me... :) [ i'm cant even demo either one where i live, it's only available for order & sale ] i know :)

I would ask you this in a vey simple way.... Forget all the extra features that the 1067 has over the 1900 or any feature that the 1900 has over the 1067....

If all a AVR did was sound.... just sound....

Which one would you tell me to buy between the two ??

By sound separation I mean I could appreciate the individual sounds of the instruments in a music, rather than a jumbled mesh. But if I wasn't listening carefully, I probably wouldn't know which was the 1900 & which was 1067. The 1067 is remarkably good, considering the price points they were first sold at.

For pure sound, I preferred the 1900. I can't tell you which to buy, as any purchase is an individual preference and only you can take that decision.

A

Anonymous

happy new year bb
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
Happy new Year to you as well Max! May you add more kit to your system in 2011!
emotion-4.gif

monitoraudioplatinumgf1.jpg

wowser
emotion-4.gif
. i don't currently need to know what all that kit is bb (looks like monitor audio though), but if i win the lotto i may get back to you
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts