yamaha RX V1067 and sky over optical issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have to keep setting the amp to use optical for sky evertime i turn it back on again, why wont it save this setting?? it just keeps reverting back to auto which is HDMI and sky dont support 5.1 over HDMI !!!

A

Anonymous

Try option on the remote, go down to audio select, toggle right until it says digital.

If this does not remember this setting next time, there is only one way I have to do this so far. Do you use the "scene" function buttons?

if so, when your watching sky, which I have set as the "TV" scene, set it up as described above, then aim the remote at the AVR and old the TV scene button until it says something like "scene TV updated" then each time you turn it on just press the scene TV button, it will remember this plus the inputs, plus any preferred DSP you have it set to.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:Try option on the remote, go down to audio select, toggle right until it says digital.

If this does not remember this setting next time, there is only one way I have to do this so far. Do you use the "scene" function buttons?

if so, when your watching sky, which I have set as the "TV" scene, set it up as described above, then aim the remote at the AVR and old the TV scene button until it says something like "scene TV updated" then each time you turn it on just press the scene TV button, it will remember this plus the inputs, plus any preferred DSP you have it set to.

Hope this helps. thanks very much for your help. i have gone down the scene route, as i had not looked much into the feature yet and i had tried numerous time the option way to no avail - much appreciated!! all fine now.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me asking a question about the same subject, I have just got myself the RX-V1067 amp and connected my SkyHD to it via HDMI and Optical, however I can't get a Picture to show when I select the Audio 1 input, but when I select AV7 I get both a picture and sound but not a Dolby Digital sound (been testing this on BBC1 HD channel).

I have connected the HDMI cable to the last HDMI connection on the amp (Input 7), however when I press the 'option' button on the remote I don't get the 'Audio' option appearing in the sub-menu.

The reason I have connected the HDMI cable to Input 7 on the amp is the length of the cable, can you tell me which Input you have your SkyHD connected to please?

Cheers

Andy

A

Anonymous

Because your not using one of the first 4 inputs, which have other inputs automatically assigned to it, you have to set it up yourself, if you tell me which optical connection you have plugged into, I will post the best way to set this up for you tomorrow, if you have not solved it by then.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm using Audio 1 on the AMP, the other thing I could do is buy a longer cable.

Cheers for your help

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts