Yamaha NP S2000

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When I was first looking into getting a streaming set-up the "audiophile" no frills Yamaha NP S2000 caught my eye on account of its favourable reviews, immaculate build quality and the fact that it supported balanced outputs (should I buy an amp in future that has them). It seemed to me as a competitor to the higher end Linn Streamers (even the Majok does not have balanxed outputs) even though it is limited to 96kHz, 24 bit res music, but let's face it that's more than most of us will ever need. Price was never on its side with prices ranges from £1300 - £1500. However I just noticed recently that the prices have tubed on certain retailers websites by around £600 - £700, making it much more affordable. I'm quite tempted now that it is more affordable as my "centrepiece" media player ... I always viewed my Squeezebox Touch as an interim / multiroom solution (and am very happy with it). Does anyone have experience of the NP S2000 - an owner or someone who has heard one? I'd be interested to hear your views.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts