Yamaha AS500 and Roksan Kandy K2 Amp

A

Anonymous

So I have a Roksan K2 CD Player and am thinking of upgrading to the K2 amp as well.

The Yamaha A-S500 is a well regarded amp, does anyone think the K2 will sound substantially better than the Yamaha?

My Yamaha amp has been upgraded, but the underlying sound is not too different.

Has anyone any experiences with the Roksan K2 amp/CDP combo?

I would like to hear about them, what the sound is like, what speakers used etc.

I will be using Mission E34 (Also soon to be upgraded) speakers.

Thanks in advance.

tazzo said:
So I have a Roksan K2 CD Player and am thinking of upgrading to the K2 amp as well.

The Yamaha A-S500 is a well regarded amp, does anyone think the K2 will sound substantially better than the Yamaha?

My Yamaha amp has been upgraded, but the underlying sound is not too different.

Has anyone any experiences with the Roksan K2 amp/CDP combo?

I would like to hear about them, what the sound is like, what speakers used etc.

I will be using Mission E34 (Also soon to be upgraded) speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Would imagine the Kandy to be quite a bit better. Also, I'd think the Yamaha A-S1000 would be a better comparison with the Roksan. TBH, you'll need to hear them for yourself; hi-fi is such a subjective hobby/interest and only your ears will tell you.

If you're looking at Kandy money then Rotel RA-1520, Naim Nait 5i or Creek Evo2 will also be fabulous alternatives. TBH, you'll be hard pushed to find a iffy amp (or very unlucky) in that price catagory, but they all offer something a little different. This is why auditioning is essential to guarantee satisfaction.

TRENDING THREADS