Yamaha AS 1100

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hunting for good electronics...please can you share your thoughts, experience etc ? Sweet MosFet based amp. Personally think it is a great amp but heard only a demo. Currently I am a holder of Yamaha AS 701 - which for the price is not so bad but of course a much different Ligue in comparison. The step up in this case seems to be huge. Right ? Current offered shop demo price 1090 €. ( 3 months after unpacking ).

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
stereoman said:
Hunting for good electronics...please can you share your thoughts, experience etc ? Sweet MosFet based amp. Personally think it is a great amp but heard only a demo. Currently I am a holder of Yamaha AS 701 - which for the price is not so bad but of course a much different Ligue in comparison. The step up in this case seems to be huge. Right ? Current offered shop demo price 1090 €. ( 3 months after unpacking ).
hi I've got the A-S2100 which love a lot the A-S 1100 looks similar to mine but just looked at the Yamaha website and the only difference I can see is the A-S1100 has no balanced XLR inputs were mine does .

one thing I noticed is that you are using atlas speaker cables which is what I was using before I brought the audioquest rocket 33 speaker cable now I found using the atlas speaker cable on my A-S2100 the sound was not so good but using the audioquest speaker cable the sound was much better .

now as much as I love my A-S2100 I would of thought the A-S1100 not going to be much different but then I have different speakers to you and I am using the balanced inputs on my amplifier and the fact I brought the matching cdplayer to go with the A-S2100 so things maybe different for you .

i do recommend the A-S2100 if you could get one for a good price as this would be a very good upgrade but do not see any reason why the A-S1100 would not be a good upgrade from a A-S701 .

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
stereoman said:
hi I've got the A-S2100 which love a lot the A-S 1100 looks similar to mine but just looked at the Yamaha website and the only difference I can see is the A-S1100 has no balanced XLR inputs were mine does .

one thing I noticed is that you are using atlas speaker cables which is what I was using before I brought the audioquest rocket 33 speaker cable now I found using the atlas speaker cable on my A-S2100 the sound was not so good but using the audioquest speaker cable the sound was much better .

now as much as I love my A-S2100 I would of thought the A-S1100 not going to be much different but then I have different speakers to you and I am using the balanced inputs on my amplifier and the fact I brought the matching cdplayer to go with the A-S2100 so things maybe different for you .

i do recommend the A-S2100 if you could get one for a good price as this would be a very good upgrade but do not see any reason why the A-S1100 would not be a good upgrade from a A-S701 .

Thanks. Yes, many times I thought about Atlas speaker cable being a bit better than average so althought I deem it still as a good cable, there can be much better option for amp-speakers connection. As to the amp itself, nice that you like it. I also think it is a great amp. Heard both AS 2100 and 1100 but only as a short demo. Both sound similar and very smooth with great treble resolution and bass definition.

Forkbeard

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi Stereoman, did you eventually upgrade to the AS1100? The reason I ask is that I have owned one for about a year now and I absolutely love it, what a beast of an amp. If you don’t own one yet then go and buy one tomorrow :0)

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Forkbeard said:
Hi Stereoman, did you eventually upgrade to the AS1100? The reason I ask is that I have owned one for about a year now and I absolutely love it, what a beast of an amp. If you don’t own one yet then go and buy one tomorrow :0)

Hi Phil. I believe the amp is great. I had a demo. MosFet based amps sound sweet. I am still tempted, let alone the fact that here in Germany I can go for a really good deal price of 1000 Euro (new).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts