Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
More people who heard this amp ?
emotion-2.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:
Sounds like some amp for the money. Just the looks ...
I know some people aren't keen on their retro loks, but I love them. It's a shame they can't produce a nice pre/power in the same style with huge VU meters on the front! I'd buy one for looks alone
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

i also think the looks are awesome!

It reminds me of the begin 80's Pioneer SR series components, google the Pioneer SA-706
emotion-2.gif

clamjouster

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
hi all, i have a pair of b&w 685s, does anyone know of the a-s500 would be a good match?

i was gona opt for the a rotel but some people i spoke to reckon the rotel ra04 is not powerful enough to drive these.

any advice appreciated.

clamjouster:
hi all, i have a pair of b&w 685s, does anyone know of the a-s500 would be a good match?

i was gona opt for the a rotel but some people i spoke to reckon the rotel ra04 is not powerful enough to drive these.

any advice appreciated.

Hi clamjouster

Rotel's RA-04SE has got enough power to drive the 685's sufficiently however i feel the Yamaha's A-S500 is overall a better amplifier.

Funnily enough the first pair of speakers i heard the A-S500 was with a pair of 685's and this combination sounded good to me although i had the distinct feeling the A-S500 needed even better speakers.

The A-S500's build, fit, finish, features, connectivity, power and performance are superb. Additionally you get Yamaha's robustness and legendary reliability.

Btw, the C326BEE is also worth consideration.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Big fan of the retro looks - very happy to see this has come back in a popular way - I would love to see the meters that Pioneer did come back - not twitchy stick ones but the big blue horizontal ones - no one seems to be doing this anymore!

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Have this amp at home hooked upto a pair of monitor audio bx5's. Produces amazing detail and bass. The Ma bx5's areb 120 watts and it drives them well. At low volumes it picks out nearly all the detail in the music. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

emcc_3:Have this amp at home hooked upto a pair of monitor audio bx5's. Produces amazing detail and bass. The Ma bx5's areb 120 watts and it drives them well. At low volumes it picks out nearly all the detail in the music. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

Hi emcc_3

The A-S500 is indeed a superb amplifier. No wonder the A-S500 is selling like hot cakes
emotion-1.gif
Anyway i am glad you like the A-S500 and BX5 combination.
emotion-2.gif

Btw, what colour are your amp and speakers in please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
didnt hear it yet, but begining to think it's character will be similar to my Ax-397(Wich I perfer to the S700)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts