Xenta Wireless HDMI Kit - anyone used one???

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
https://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?71058-Xenta-Wireless-HDMI-Kit-WHDI-HDMI-Transmitter-and-Receiver-for-Video-and-Audio-up-to-1080p-(Quickfind-257588)

anyone bought one of these, any thoughts / feedback? I'm thinking of getting one for my projector?

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends what you intend it for. If you want to send Sky HD to another TV then you will need an active HDMI splitter, which will add to the cost.

Keene Electronics have an HDMI sender that also acts as a splitter, which would seem to be a better option.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well to be honest will plug sky tv straight into it and then the ouput from my av amp - i have actually run out of of hdmi inputs on my amp so will allow me to free one up which i could do with but still send everything to the projector - orderd one thought good buy for £129.99

only thing would like to know is if you can buy a second receiver to send signal as wouldn't mind sending to sky tv to my bedroom as well

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
What it does is pass through the HDMI signal to your main TV, and transmit the signal to a remote TV at the same time. The one you have ordered has no HDMI pass through therefore it will only act as a transmitter. To display on your main TV as well you would need a HDMI splitter to send the signal to the main TV and the transmitter unit at the same time.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
P600-0280114-03.jpg

the add on unit add pass through for display A, whilst sending signal to receiver for disply b, so will do exactly the same as the other one you listed for a fraction of the price, only think can't yet confirm is if does both at same time but order one so will confirm asap

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
If you read what it says for the product you have ordered, it is clear that to watch Sky on your main TV while transmitting the signal to a remote TV it is necessary to have a HDMI splitter, which will add to the cost.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
that piece of info is copied from the original spec from the transmitter not from the bit with the added switch which clearly has not been updated, hopefully the added picture is more accurate, should have tomorrow fingers crossed so will confirm but looks like more than i needed but thought would help others. also an active splitter is like £20!

edit - won't get till 11th

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
matengawhat said:
that piece of info is copied from the original spec from the transmitter not from the bit with the added switch which clearly has not been updated, hopefully the added picture is more accurate, should have tomorrow fingers crossed so will confirm but looks like more than i needed but thought would help others. also an active splitter is like £20!

edit - won't get till 11th

The added switch is just to switch inputs to the unit, not to add HDMI pass through.

The basic transmitter unit is still the same, so you will end up with 3 pieces of gear, the switch box, the transmitter unit and an HDMI splitter, whilst the gadget from Keene does it all in one.

Up to you. I know which I would go for.

Yoy will be very lucky to find and active splitter for £20, more like £50

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
A pity you didn't read the reviews, the buyers were hardly ecstatic, and one complained that it is not possible to watch the same source on both TVs at the same time.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
what's up are you selling the other????

never known anyone more glass half empty, anyone that has ever used hdmi knows there are always the odd issues, trust me had plenty over the years. seems to be few problems with older tvs, if it doesn't work will send it back! strange u have such strong opinions on something you have never seen, never used and know nothing about! will update for others on receipt

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
arrived yesterday, not had chance to give it a proper run as yet but plugged in and turned on to test and have everything i wanted and more - the hdmi switcher does allow to display image on two sets at once not tried two different channels on different tvs as need a few extra cables

the units are actually pretty nice and look better in the flesh - they are quite light so when you have a few cables plugged in if they are stiff like a couple of my hdmi cables they kind of push the box where they want in to be -nothing a bit of blutac wont sort - not tried all the ir connections yet but can def say passes a 1080p signal wirelessly and so far flawlessly

was sending ps3 signal from one bedroom to the other and controlling through walls without any issues at all - just wish i had bought two as got it for my ceiling mounted projector but quite like been able to send xbox/ps3 signal from my games room to my bedroom!

if you turn off the receiver you also have to turn off the transmitter or your picture flickers as it cycles trying to connect to the reciever you have turned off but once switched the transmitter off all is well, the switch has its own power on off so can leave that on and in the loop and leave the receiver and transmitter turned off

will wire into full system at weekend but big job as need to route a mains cable acrss the landing floor will let you know how i get on!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Useful to know, I was thinking about getting one of these a while back, but they were too expensive for me to consider at the time. Once they get around £150 region though, I might be tempted...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts