x.v color: what do i need to take advantage of it?

yiannis550

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello, I have recently bought a sony HD camera with x.v color (HDR SR7) I do not have an HD TV yet, although hopefully I will get one soon along with a new reciever. I know that to take advantage of the x.v color feature, I need a compatible TV. Does my av Reciever need to be compatible as well? I was thinking of the new ONKYO 875 but I can't find anywhere any mention of the x.v color feature although I've seen it in other recievers feature list. I will most probably play the videos recorded on the camera from DVDs and a PC hard drive. Thanks,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Basically you need a player and display capable of supporting the extended colourspace, along with a receiver capable of passing the signal required for this. Haven't seen any specific claims for the Onkyo in this respect, but don't see why it shouldn't do the job if the signal being input has the extended colourspace and the video processing is disabled, so that it just passes the input signal through. But I stand to be corrected, of course...

A

Anonymous

Apparently the lower end Onkyo 605 passes it through, so I don't see why the 875 wouldn't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts