Wrong Channels from PC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, Just a quick question, my pc is plugged into my amp via the soundcard (Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum) and the channels seem to be the wrong way around ie Left is Right and Right is left even though there are no settings changed or being wired wrong. Anybody have any ideas? Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Is this a consistent problem? Or do the channels change as they please?

A

Anonymous

Is is just playing cd's? If so, open it up and check that the connection from the cd drive to the card is in the right way.

A

Anonymous

No, its internet included and it is always the same accept when I do those tests when it says left channel, right channel its the right way around!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried moving the speakers from left to right? That should cure the problem. Of course when you do the test where it says left channel, right channel it'll be the wrong way round again so you have to move 'em back again :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... until the test where it says left speaker, right speaker ... turn on your head 180' (now facing the wall ... I think) ... I feel sick

A

Anonymous

To establish whether or not its the sound card (least likely), plug in a headphone. Do you hear it correct or reversed. If you hear it incorrect time to change your sound card. Please note: the test is designed to be performed while you 'face' the PC, i.e. your left is the right of the dummy on the screen.

If the headphone was sounding correct, then try swapping the RCA connectors on the amp side.

If even that doesn't fix the problem, then swap the connectors back and change the wiring from amp to speakers. Swap the right speaker leads for the left and the left for the right.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ranjeetrain"]If the headphone was sounding correct, then try swapping the RCA connectors on
the amp side.

If even that doesn't fix the problem, then swap the
connectors back and change the wiring from amp to speakers. Swap the right
speaker leads for the left and the left for the right[/quote] You do realise that makes no sense whatsoever?

A

Anonymous

Ok, I think the best thing is to swap the channels around on the rear of the amp...but the only thing is, I don't know whether the other sources (cd/turntable/ipod) are the right way around.

nads

well they should all be connected up using the colour codes on the sockets, they are either red or white. so connect red to red and white to white. the only thing you can not play with is the 3.5 phone jack as that is a standard and i forget which is which.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
... this is like watching paint dry!
[/quote]

Welcome to the woes of hi-fi mate!

A

Anonymous

One question, how do you know it is wrong when playing CDs etc?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts