Wish this forum had better moderation.

K

keeper of the quays

plastic penguin said:
This forum has now become tedious with some obnoxious posters.

No longer a nice place to be.
Try annoying or a nuisance? obnoxious is the wrong word, yesterday for example the main sum of interest was you went to Tesco? I then started a thread regarding Mary celeste..which was the more interesting topic? If your complaining that your posts aren't very interesting! Then post things of interest? Example, your a historian of world war two..I for one would be most interested on your views of this war..one thing I'm interested in is why hitler didn't destroy the British expeditionary force when he had ample opportunity to do this?

K

keeper of the quays

Q5 said:
No, obnoxious is correct.
Sorry Q5, Obnoxious is a strong word! But it's nice to see you posting here? Try and find a more apt word? Something more fitting..Are you familiar with google? Happy searching :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
IMO. This forum has become so obnoxious, that I have joined a skiing forum and dropped my input here by about 90%.

Most people with something interesting to say have left (or keep their opinion to themselves).

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
plastic penguin said:

I remember John Duncan mentioning two or three years ago, that being a Moderator was an unpaid voluntary role.

If WHF (or should that be Future?) are still unwilling to pay for Moderators, then I expect that most of the Moderation nowadays is performed by Messrs Clough and Cox. I imagine that their days are already so busy with magazine activities, that they can only devote a small amount of time to active forum Moderation.

Whatever the case, all Moderators have to perform a delicate balancing act.

In a country based on the right to free speech, one mans free speech is another mans obnoxious - but everyone should remember that the right to free speech, does not mean the right to insult. This is analogous to the right to bear guns, not being the same as the right to shoot those they dislike - although this distinction still confuses some americans.

K

keeper of the quays

expat_mike said:
plastic penguin said:

I remember John Duncan mentioning two or three years ago, that being a Moderator was an unpaid voluntary role.

If WHF (or should that be Future?) are still unwilling to pay for Moderators, then I expect that most of the Moderation nowadays is performed by Messrs Clough and Cox. I imagine that their days are already so busy with magazine activities, that they can only devote a small amount of time to active forum Moderation.

Whatever the case, all Moderators have to perform a delicate balancing act.

In a country based on the right to free speech, one mans free speech is another mans obnoxious - but everyone should remember that the right to free speech, does not mean the right to insult. This is analogous to the right to bear guns, not being the same as the right to shoot those they dislike - although this distinction still confuses some americans.
A reasoned and considered post...Good stuff! I hope I haven't insulted anyone? I tend to generalise...Ambiguity is like the fog..trouble is within the fog? There lurks disaffected pirates and strange aliens with a predilection for eating people!

K

keeper of the quays

David@FrankHarvey said:
I also have an interest in World War II as well, and would love to see Quays and PP discuss the subject...

It wouldn't be belligerent at all, I'm interested as a member of my family was involved in the secret service and worked amongst the resistance in Norway! And thereabouts..my grandfather was a tank driver in world war one..but on my mothers side I have a relation who served on HMS Colossus during the Battle of Trafalgar! A great source of pride for me personally...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

expat_mike said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
I also have an interest in World War II as well, and would love to see Quays and PP discuss the subject...

+1

I have no interest in it, but I'd still like them to discuss something they have a shared enthusiasm for, rather than just bicker.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

CnoEvil said:
I have joined a skiing forum and dropped my input here by about 90%.

I bet they boarders and traditional skiers have some arguments though.

"Which wax do you use?"

"Wax!!!.....I use the finest virgin olive oil"

"Olive oil!!!! ..That's ****, you should try some virgin snake oil, there's nothing better"

K

keeper of the quays

I hope big Bernard doesn't think I'm bickering? I don't need to bicker..never did! I'm being restrained in my responses to others rudeness..I am aware that these impolite people founder quickly in the face of reasoned debate..And I have no wish to humiliate anyone..i wish to treat as I would be treated! If people wish to sneer at the keeper? I will gently rag them, by no means will i bite back! I'm just shaking the cage! It's musical chairs..some here have got so used to sitting in one chair for so long They think the chair is theirs? A change from the norm is good..the more that things change the more the keeper remains.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

keeper of the quays said:
I hope big Bernard doesn't think I'm bickering? I don't need to bicker..never did! I'm being restrained in my responses to others rudeness..I am aware that these impolite people founder quickly in the face of reasoned debate..And I have no wish to humiliate anyone..i wish to treat as I would be treated! If people wish to sneer at the keeper? I will gently rag them, by no means will i bite back! I'm just shaking the cage! It's musical chairs..some here have got so used to sitting in one chair for so long They think the chair is theirs? A change from the norm is good..the more that things change the more the keeper remains.

Straight question. Are you Russell Brand? *wink*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

CnoEvil said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I bet they boarders and traditional skiers have some arguments though.
Let's hope TrevC doesn't ski then. *biggrin*

He'd definitely use wax if he did, no snake oil for Trev. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts