Wiring up a Yamaha dsp ax750se to a La-Z-boy

greenlantern101

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem I can't resolve.

I am getting a La-Z-boy Gizmo Recliner soon and the easy chair has built in speakers and a subwoofer.

These connect to a sound system or ipod etc via a 3.5mm headphones jack.

I want to connect the lazboy to the dspax750se.

The easy solution is to have a 15 meter head phones extension wire to reach between the chair and the amp. And to plug the cable into the headphone socket on the amp. This works fine the sound is good.

The only problem is when you do this the amp cuts all power to the 5.1 speaker set up.

I want to have full sound coming from the chair and my 5.1 speakers at the same time.

I have tried connecting to the chair to the preouts with a 3.5 jack to phono adapter but the sound is terrible. Lots of hiss and crackle.

I have read the manual 3 times and can't see anything about having speakers and headphones on at the same time.

If anyone knows why there is noise from the preouts or has any other ideas on how to hook this up, then I'm all ears. I fear my lazboy speakers are going to be useless.

HELP.

greenlantern101

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Solved it. I have bought a headphones to phono adapter. Cut the phono leads off. stripped the wires. Wired them to the 'presence' speaker terminals. Sounds good. Happy.

London 3462

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Green Lantern,

Would you mind running through exactly what you did as I am struggling to achieve the same result as you did i.e. have my sound coming through the speakers in the chair and my 5.1 at the same time.

Kind regards

London3462

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts