wiring up a system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i've just got my first flat screen t.v plus a blu-ray player (pansonic g15 37" and the bd80) connected both via a van den hul flat. i now want to try and connect some denon speakers as a first step. Do i connect the speakers directly to the player or the tv. Do i need an amp? my exsisting speaker cable is bare both ends. i will needs plugs at one end. any ideas, help would be appreciated thanks a newbie to this technolgy.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You need an amp - speakers are then connected to the amp and the TV and Blu-Ray player also plug into it. Are you looking for a stereo setup, or do you think surround sound will interest you?

A

Anonymous

i think a stereo setup first. i have a denon udm(at work cannot remember model) , a cd reciever i know it had a digital out, sorry unsure what the others imputs,outputs are.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ah okay, I thought you just had Denon speakers, but you've got a mini system. In which case, you'll should be able to just connect the TV and the Blu-Ray player to the Denon unit using standard phono cables assuming it has a couple of phono inputs. Best bet is have a look when you get home and post the model number if you get into any problems.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, well, this looks like a pic of the back of the M30, is this right?

20999086_2.jpg

If so, connect one set of the red and white sockets labelled "In" to the Blu-Ray player's analogue outputs and the other set labelled "In" to the TV's audio output using a standard phono cable:

rca-cable.jpg

Just set the Denon to the Line input you want then to get sound.

A

Anonymous

yes thats the back of the m30. will get some leads and let you know how i get on. thanks so far for your help

A

Anonymous

To professorhat, got it working. wow, sounds better. many thanks for your help
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts