Wireless Transmit HiFi Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

This is my first post on the forum, so here goes -

I have a main HiFi system in the living room of our house, which has a CD player, turntable and Airport Express Audio input. This is connected to speakers in the living room. I also have another amp and speakers in the Kitchen, which i usuallly just plug my ipod into. I was wondering if there was a way to wirelessly transmit high quality audio from the rec out of the living room, into the hifi in the kitchen so i dont have to buy another turntable, cd player, airport etc... I have found bluetooth solutions online, but the audio quality doesnt seem to be great. Also, my house has quite thick walls, and living room and kitchen are about 10m apart, so range is important.

I have a budget of around £100

Thanks,

Sam

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sam

Very reliable, and great sounding, solution: Audio Pro wi-fi dongles

http://www.whathifi.com/news/audio-pro-offers-instant-multiroom-hi-fi-with-wi-fi-dongles

Cheaper, but very unreliable and frequently frustraiting, solution: Apple Airport Express

There's always Logitech Squeezebox, which a lot of people are very happy with, and of course Sonos, but they would be over your budget. If I were you, I'd go with the Audio Pro dongles. A great product imo: sound great and aren't plagued by the drop outs and frustrations of the other products, particularly the Apple Airport Express. In fact I was recently selling a pair, second-hand on Ebay but I decided to keep them as they are so good to have around!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts