Wireless speaker please?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I am looking for something to play my music by Bluetooth. Budget around £1000 or lower perhaps higher.

I would suggest you save up all this money intended for soundbar and wireless bluetooth speaker and aim for a good AV receiver with all the bells and whistles including Bluetooth. You can then get some upfiring speakers for Atmos.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Something like kef ls50 wireless active speakers does Bluetooth, but double the budget. Then what about a naim muso for £995, which you can add different colour covers. Also does Bluetooth, like a sound bar type speaker and one of the best of that ilk.

but surely speakers of the ilk and quality at that price are good enough you want to stream music either files from a nas or computer, or stream cd quality streams from tidal or qobuz etc? So not sure why you want to do Bluetooth which is a compressed format, so sq won't be as good. Ok maybe if you've got a speaker at £200 to Bluetooth, but at this price I'm sure you will hear a difference. So Bluetooth wouldn't be on my list of priorities.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
As always it depends on what you want the system to do, how many boxes you are prepared to have and whether the aim is all out performance or style etc.

For example, do you simply want a pair of speakers that you can play from your phone? Don't need network streaming or Spotify/Tidal?

If that is the case then I would suggest the Dali Kubrik, best sounding, sub £1000 Bluetooth speaker that I have heard.

If on the other hand you want internet and streaming functions, look at the Yamaha NX-N500 as a complete solution or maybe the WXC50 full function streamer/pre-amp with a pair of active speakers to choice.

Alternatively you can go the conventional hi-fi route, match a network amp/receiver to speakers of choice , loads of choices there.

Up to you.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I've heard the naim muso and it beats all similar speakers I've heard especially the soundbars like from the sonos range, I've also heard, and the naim was voted what hi fi best streaming speaker £800 plus last year, so if the budget is £1k it would be better than the Dali judging by the reviews of the Dali which fits into a lower price bracket anyway.

but I like the idea of trialling that Yamaha as a pre driving some really good active speakers, but I suspect the naim would still be as good as a one fits all type system, at this price, with its sound and power and flexibility. Also it has a great app and it looks very good as a music system.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I would suggest you save up all this money intended for soundbar and wireless bluetooth speaker and aim for a good AV receiver with all the bells and whistles including Bluetooth. You can then get some upfiring speakers for Atmos.
Yep, you are right BB. I have decided to get a 3 metre cable and play my music from my system. I am surprised I hadn't thought of it before!

D

Deleted member 2457

QuestForThe13thNote said:
Something like kef ls50 wireless active speakers does Bluetooth, but double the budget. Then what about a naim muso for £995, which you can add different colour covers. Also does Bluetooth, like a sound bar type speaker and one of the best of that ilk.

but surely speakers of the ilk and quality at that price are good enough you want to stream music either files from a nas or computer, or stream cd quality streams from tidal or qobuz etc? So not sure why you want to do Bluetooth which is a compressed format, so sq won't be as good. Ok maybe if you've got a speaker at £200 to Bluetooth, but at this price I'm sure you will hear a difference. So Bluetooth wouldn't be on my list of priorities.
Spot on, I have a Bluetooth speaker at around £200 and it does do the job equally as well. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks for all the replies guys, I am sorted now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts