Wireless net radio with streaming posiblites?

nads

I am looking for a second net radio/streamer for the second system. If in has built in speakers that would not be bad, but audio out is a must. Phono/coax/optical all all fine.

I could pull the sound bridge from the main room and replace that with a new "box".

thoughts what have you seen out there?

John Duncan

It is, unless you want a traditional radio. Wouldn't you be better with just a media extender or an airport express? How do you serve music to the soundbridge - is it proprietary software or just any DNLA client?

nads

JohnDuncan:It is, unless you want a traditional radio. Wouldn't you be better with just a media extender or an airport express? How do you serve music to the soundbridge - is it proprietary software or just any DNLA client?

Errrr

Serve it?

Ok main reason for it is net radio. 6 Music is a good reason, (dont forget i am a Brit abroad).

streamed music is secondary.

just been on the Pure site and i may have to look better when at home... it is Also a DAB radio... interesting but useless out here!

John Duncan

I mean what software runs on the PC (or NAS) to allow you to serve it - Apple has iTunes, Squeezebox has Squeezeserver, etc. Or does the soundbridge work with any DNLA-compliant server (like Twonky). You might not want two servers running, one for the soundbridge, one for the new client.

Aaaanyway - Revo Blik is a bit funkier. In fact all their products are quite funky....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts