Wireless connection to Freesat box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, The engineers coming round next week to install a dish dish and reciever. I had planned for him to install one or two extra points but I really don't want the cables running all round the house. If I ask the enginerr to run two extra cables into an external wall, is there a device I can use to stream the signal to a wireless enabled set top box in another room (or two), or use poewerline adapteres to send the signal through the electical supply for the same purpose?

Garry

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
If you want independent receivers in each room, then cables it will have to be. There are 'video senders' out there that will transmit the output from the receiver inside the house using small wireless devices in each room but, I have found them pretty rubbish in operation even in a flat. Even if you do find a model that works well, it will only send whats showing on the first box to the other rooms.

I am not aware of any other method of getting the dish signal to the receiver, you need the cable to send control signals back to the dish to change polarity and band.

A good installer should be able to fit a quad LNB and run the cables discretely around the outside to the rooms you want to use a receiver and every one will work independently.

A

Anonymous

Thanks davehberry! :)

I'll probaby use cables only now,unless someone has another suggestion.

Can you think of any good quality thin HD cables I can ask the engineer to use, to make the installation as discreet as posssible?

A

Anonymous

You can go wireless if you want, but the cheapest solution will be to use wires.

A

Anonymous

What equipment would I need to do it wireless?

I wonder if freeview might be a better option. If I get an arial on top of the roof, maybe I can ask the engineer to run wires to the front and back of the house. Could the engineer do this with satelite dishes as well, I wonder?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts