Wired, closed-back headphones, 200€ max

lmlmlm

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
Using a desktop setup, PC streaming via Spotify & Soundcloud through an Ifi Zen Dac and then into a pair of Hifiman Sundara, which works good in low-noise situations.

However, I'm looking for a second pair of headphones:
  • closed back: for when I need to isolate myself from surrounding noise at desk
  • need wired options: not a big fan of bluetooth stuff on my head
  • budget: 100-150€, maybe 200€
I was looking at this list, but not sure what to get. I see good reviews even for the cheaper ones on the list (tempted to limit this purchase, already went too far with the Sundara's).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 188533

I'd second the 80ohm DT770 and also consider the AKG K371. The DT770 is better built and has a V shaped tuning ( boosted bass and treble ) while the K371 is more neutral. The Sundara is quite neutral so a DT770 would be a good 'fun' complementary pair.

Reactions: camcroft and lmlmlm

camcroft

And that is a good price but is it free postage there are some in the uk to be had for £100
Is 80 ohm or 250 ohm better?
The 80 ohm version is more for monitoring and fun listening use, and the 250 ohm version is better for critical listening applications. Often, the 80 ohm version is cited as having more bass…and this is true. It gets there by having slightly less harsh/less prominent treble. Sorry the Juno link is for the 250 ohm

Reactions: lmlmlm
D

Deleted member 188533

The 80ohm model is generally regarded as having the best treble. Beyerdynamic headphones can be sharp and bright and the 80ohm 770 has less of that.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
In addition 80ohm will be easier to drive and give you greater flexibility on what you can use them with.

As another alternative if you go all the way to the top end of your budget, outside of your list you can find the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Gen II. If you are after an all in one headset that you can use for anything, look no further.

You can get B-stock of them for approx 200 Euros on Beyers website: https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/outlet.html

Apologies i'm presuming at this point you are based in Europe as you've mentioned Euros. If you are based in the UK, then completely discard this as custom duties will put these well outside your budget.

Reactions: lmlmlm

lmlmlm

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
While the DT770 seems to be everybody's idea, I'm also now looking at the more 'neutral' AKG K371.

Any thoughts on the K371 vs. the K361 ?

D

Deleted member 188533

The ATH M40X is also a solid choice if you're trying to keep the price down. They're more on ear than over ear so keep that in mind for comfort.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts