Wiim Ultra + Integrated Amp (its arrived)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Yes .... but what about the Mars Bar
View attachment 7274

And I had this one
View attachment 7275
The Motorola Brick! I use to have it in my side pocket and had some strange looks :ROFLMAO: Wow that Sony, it makes weird normal.
Xerox created the original prototype smartphone and Apple stole and made it their own.

Steve Job once allegedly said 'Good artists copy; great artists steal' The rest was history!

Jasonovich

Nokia still is the in thing for me.
Model 3.4 is the only smartphone I've ever owned.
As I've often said, there's as much chance of me spending £1000+ on a phone as there is of me being the first man to set foot on Mars.
Don't knock Nokia, sometimes simple is the best. If it serves your needs that's what matters.

I always carry my smartphone with me, just in case I need it to take photos or someone whacks into my car. WhatsApp, Tik Tok cat videos :) but other than that I don't get too excited about mobiles, £1K for top of the range phone is absolutely scandalous.

My mobile phone after 10 years of usage was playing up, it's hard to get through the day without the juice draining dry. It's really odd, when I'm at work it doesn't last the day, I can understand why, when I'm at the station waiting for the train, I'm messaging people, when I'm at home, I have the computer to do everything.

So last week, I ordered unlocked OnePlus ACE 3 for £341 from AliExpress. The same phone if I was to buy here unlocked will cost easy £500+. I checked the tracking I should receive it possibly the end of the week, fingers crossed.
My old Huawei is locked into Vodafone but I will get it unlocked and sell on eBay. I might look around for a better provider, hopefully be able to retain the existing contact number without too much fuss.

Reactions: Gray

manicm

Don't knock Nokia, sometimes simple is the best. If it serves your needs that's what matters.

I always carry my smartphone with me, just in case I need it to take photos or someone whacks into my car. WhatsApp, Tik Tok cat videos :) but other than that I don't get too excited about mobiles, £1K for top of the range phone is absolutely scandalous.

My mobile phone after 10 years of usage was playing up, it's hard to get through the day without the juice draining dry. It's really odd, when I'm at work it doesn't last the day, I can understand why, when I'm at the station waiting for the train, I'm messaging people, when I'm at home, I have the computer to do everything.

So last week, I ordered unlocked OnePlus ACE 3 for £341 from AliExpress. The same phone if I was to buy here unlocked will cost easy £500+. I checked the tracking I should receive it possibly the end of the week, fingers crossed.
My old Huawei is locked into Vodafone but I will get it unlocked and sell on eBay. I might look around for a better provider, hopefully be able to retain the existing contact number without too much fuss.

My last Nokia before my I got first smartphone lasted a week. A week!

Reactions: Gray and Jasonovich

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
🙂 You're like my gadget brother Jason.
If he fancies....a drone, oscilloscope, virtual reality flight sim, vision mixer, Nikon Z8, he's not rich but, you name it, he can justify buying it.

Anything I buy needs to be genuinely and routinely useful.
I've either got, or don't need much of what this Ultra can do.
Unlike you though, I don't need DSD capability and the lack of Airplay is irrelevant to me.

But, without me, they'll still sell all they can make - and good luck to them for providing some long-overdue value.
I could be like your brother if I didn't have Rach to keep a check on me😂.

No seriously!I keep looking at Wiim products but I don't earn as much as I used to and I can't justify buying any, even though they are good value. I brought my dumb hifi into the 21st century by adding a few CCA.

At the other end of the scale I keep looking at HiFi Rose streamers too. Rach would kill me if I got one of them😜

Reactions: Jasonovich and Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts