Wii connectivity.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I’ve just purchased a Wii for my wife and want to connect it up to my pioneer plasma (4270) and my sony av amp (older model and next on the list to be upgraded). The amp does not have video out other than composite. Ideally I’d like to connect the Wii using component, however the component input on the TV and the phono input are not beside each other ( the component is beside the hdmi/scart/etc, while the phono in is on the side with the composite. The phono out on the TV is beside the component/hdmi/etc, naturally… I was planning to have the component and phono coming direct from the Wii to the TV and then have a standard phono cable coming from the TV’s out into the amp. However, now that I’ve just realised that the component and phono aren’t located beside each other I’m a bit stumped. Any ideas?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Simply extend the audio cable using some phono couplers and a phono cable (red/white) therefore running the video direct to the TV and audio to the amp.

However, I would check again as the audio input should be next to the component video input. They usually have little arrows pointing in the direction of input or output.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/1573/avo-rca-coupler-2xfemale-2xfemale/display.html

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
HI,

Simplest solution is part one of d4v3's answer. A Nintendo component lead has all 5 connectors and if your equipment is close enough it will reach without extensions.

If it's not close enough you'll need to extend as described.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts