Wifi Blue Ray or Home Cinema (on a budget?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I currently have a somewhat aging home cinema setup. I dont recall the specific models but have a Samsung 32 inch LCD, Yamaha Receiver, DVD player and speaker package. I also have a NAS with tons of MP3s that my Xbox 360 does not adequately deal with IMO. Receiver has no HDMI. I run Xbox, Virgin and DVD via HDMI splitter. Only DVD gets surround via optical input

The Yammy DVD player has given up the ghost so I need to replace with a Blu-Ray.

I would really like the NAS (Synology DS 111+) to get properly incorporated into the home cinema sound set up.

Do I jump into a decent Blu Ray or consider making a new amp (or all-in-one) the main focus of incorporating the NAS into? It is vital to connect by Wifi and NOT ethernet, too many wires across /around my living room floor.

I read some Blue Rays can have wifi, and DLNA certified, but also some brands (Samsung) are best suited to their "own" branded products for sharing. What can I be assured works with DLNA kit across the board? Also considering the amount of MP3s I have, I need something that can navigate easily my remote (I do not own apple products so none of that please - I have WM7 phone if anyone recommends useful apps).

Or best to get standard Blu Ray player and look to improve the amp?

TV has only 1 HDMI input. The amp has no HDMI throughput, so I get audio from the defunct DVD player by optic input (watching TV remains stereo).So any amp would need full DLNA compliant and have mutiple HDMI throughput.

Does the TV need HDMI audio return to make use of an amp also with the feature? if so I imagine the TV is yet another item due an upgrade.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts