wifi and apple products help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Two things I have a pure envoke s1 radio is there any way for me to stream content music etc wirelessly from my iPhone to my radio maybe through the Aux in(Airport express is not a option as I already use it for another set up).
Also if I were to buy Bluetooth speakers for my iPhone can I stream any sound from my iPhone like radio apps to that speaker or am I limited?

A

Anonymous

You can have as many airport expresses on the same network as you like - I have 4! From a computer you can stream to any and all, from an iPhone it's one at a time... Or if you're not bothered about wifi, maybe get an i20 iPod dock or some such?

A

Anonymous

Is it worth getting a good quality wire 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack like the ichord or just a cheap one connecting airport expres to pure evoke 1 what do you recommend would you b able to here a difference?

A

Anonymous

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the cable. I couldn't hear any difference between the mini-jack cables I tried with my audioengine A2s (thatcable.co.uk cables are pretty good quality for the price) I can hear a difference going via an optical cable from airport express to DAC to creek amp, but suspect that the sound quality will be limited by the evoke, rather than the airport express or cable. Hope that helps!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies yr being a great help 1 last thing, I am going completely wireless hence y I'm doing this! I was just wondering your views on Bluetooth? I only ask because I had a speaker b4 which was Bluetooth and I played a movie through it and noticed the sound wearnt keeping up with there voices which leads me to believe Bluetooth is slow but I was thinking about getting bluetooth speakers for on holiday would you say that's a good idea or just stick with getting a dock?

A

Anonymous

I think the general consensus is that Bluetooth audio still has a way to go to catch up with wifi-based systems. I do use it in the car for it's convenience factor, but even I'm that non-audiophile environment, I can notice the improvement when I put a CD in the headunit. (apple lossless rips of CD's on my iPhone for reference, so definitely a Bluetooth induced thing). Still, fine for car and holiday use I'd say. There's a couple of Bluetooth systems reviewed recently in macworld, which might be worth a look?

As an aside, the way I understand it, is that Bluetooth 2.0 itself isn't the issue and you can theoretically stream audio at at least CD quality, but most Bluetooth devices tend to use voice protocols, which are much lower quality, to avoid potential dropouts by poor signal/interference/bandwidth/etc... As these appear to be largely a software-encoded choice, the situation may improve with firmware/software updates from manufacturers as time goes on...

Finally, welcome to thw freedom of wireless music! Enjoy! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts