AXR100 coupled with Q acoustic 3010i

DJL

Oct 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi my understanding of this Amplifier or any is very limited hence these questions, if I paired the AXR100 with a set of Q Acoustic 3010i speakers, then Bluetooth my iPhone and played Apple Music, would I then be able to listen to the music through my Bose bluetooth earbuds. If so would the speaker automatically silence?, and would the music I was listening to be coming from my iPhone or AXR100 setup?. I’ve read a lot of good reviews about the AXR100, but don’t always get the freedom to listen, crank up the volume due to my wife and I different tastes in music, so I would like to listen to my music sometimes through my earbuds but still getting the clarity of sound the AXR100 brings. Is this possible, sorry for all questions. Thank you. Or is there a different setup that will give me what I want, I do want to add a turntable at some stage.

Welcome to the forum.

I may be missing something, but if you wanted to listen on your Bluetooth earbuds, you would surely use your iPhone as the source? That way your Hi-Fi is irrelevant.

Once you want to listen on speakers, you connect your iPhone to the Hifi instead of to your earbuds.

When you open Bluetooth on your iPhone, you would see the Bose earbuds and the Cambridge AXR100 as possible destinations for your phone’s music. But they are alternatives, not both at once.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

DJL

Oct 13, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

I may be missing something, but if you wanted to listen on your Bluetooth earbuds, you would surely use your iPhone as the source? That way your Hi-Fi is irrelevant.

Once you want to listen on speakers, you connect your iPhone to the Hifi instead of to your earbuds.

When you open Bluetooth on your iPhone, you would see the Bose earbuds and the Cambridge AXR100 as possible destinations for your phone’s music. But they are alternatives, not both at once.
I just wanted to be able to get the better sound quality through the amp and speakers via my earbuds, rather than through my iPhone, I guess there is no way around this reading your reply

I just wanted to be able to get the better sound quality through the amp and speakers via my earbuds, rather than through my iPhone, I guess there is no way around this reading your reply
Unfortunately that not how it works. The signal doesn’t originate from the earbuds nor your receiver if you are listening to Apple Music from your phone.

The receiver can handle records from a turntable, or radio stations from its inbuilt tuner, but it doesn’t receive Apple Music unless you send it there from your phone.

Reactions: WayneKerr

DJL

Oct 13, 2023
Visit site
Unfortunately that not how it works. The signal doesn’t originate from the earbuds nor your receiver if you are listening to Apple Music from your phone.

The receiver can handle records from a turntable, or radio stations from its inbuilt tuner, but it doesn’t receive Apple Music unless you send it there from your phone.
Ok thank you, so I could listen to a record from a turntable via my Bose earbuds

Ok thank you, so I could listen to a record from a turntable via my Bose earbuds
Yes, if you choose a Bluetooth turntable. The system you suggest cannot send a Bluetooth signal to your earbuds as far as I can see.

Typically you’d wire the turntable to the receiver and listen through the speakers. Or plug regular headphones into the receiver. You might be able to add a Bluetooth output device to the receiver but I’ve no experience of such things.

Try to picture the signal flow to understand what you connect to what.

DJL

Oct 13, 2023
Visit site
Yes, if you choose a Bluetooth turntable. The system you suggest cannot send a Bluetooth signal to your earbuds as far as I can see.

Typically you’d wire the turntable to the receiver and listen through the speakers. Or plug regular headphones into the receiver. You might be able to add a Bluetooth output device to the receiver but I’ve no experience of such things.

Try to picture the signal flow to understand what you connect to what.
Thanks very much for the info

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts