Wich floorstander for small room ?!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Teo said:
DIB said:
I have a similar sized room to yourself, roughly 5 mtrs x 4 mtrs. I find that my Elan 30s are more than sufficient to fill that sized space. I have them positioned either side of the chimney breast approx 30 cms from the wall.

If you like Epos then I would suggest that you try and have a listen to the Elans and see what you think.

How do they work at low volume - I mean , is the bass well contoured even at low volume .I frequently listen that way .

Very well indeed at levels that I call low. In the morning for example, before leaving for work, I usually have Radio Paradise playing and I have it at a really low volume so as not to disturb anyone upstairs. The Elans are an easy speaker to drive, and even at very low volumes deliver a sweet sound. Not sure what you mean by well contoured bass, but I'm happy with the bass that they deliver, even with my none too ideal placement. Prior to the Elans I had a pair of larger ProAc Studio 125's and they were boomy in comparison to the Epos.

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
Teo said:
DIB said:
I have a similar sized room to yourself, roughly 5 mtrs x 4 mtrs. I find that my Elan 30s are more than sufficient to fill that sized space. I have them positioned either side of the chimney breast approx 30 cms from the wall.

If you like Epos then I would suggest that you try and have a listen to the Elans and see what you think.

How do they work at low volume - I mean , is the bass well contoured even at low volume .I frequently listen that way .

Very well indeed at levels that I call low. In the morning for example, before leaving for work, I usually have Radio Paradise playing and I have it at a really low volume so as not to disturb anyone upstairs. The Elans are an easy speaker to drive, and even at very low volumes deliver a sweet sound. Not sure what you mean by well contoured bass, but I'm happy with the bass that they deliver, even with my none too ideal placement. Prior to the Elans I had a pair of larger ProAc Studio 125's and they were boomy in comparison to the Epos.

I was referring to the bass that they are delivering at low volume ,situation in wich my M5s totally lack it. To hear some bass I have to raise the volume at 25%

PS I might get a good discount on the Epic 5 ,what do you think ? 2 or 5 ? Almost the same price .

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Teo said:
DIB said:
Teo said:
DIB said:

I was referring to the bass that they are delivering at low volume ,situation in wich my M5s totally lack it. To hear some bass I have to raise the volume at 25%

PS I might get a good discount on the Epic 5 ,what do you think ? 2 or 5 ? Almost the same price .

Again, for me, more than adequate bass even at low volumes, more than the small M5 standmounts could deliver as you would expect.

The Epic 5 speakers will deliver what you want I believe. When demoing my Elan 30s I listened to some Epic 5s and they were a lovely speaker. However, I went for the more expensive Elan 30s because a) the finish was superior IMO and b) they were smaller, more compact and I felt that the Epic 5s were too just a touch big for my room.

PS: I had the Elans on home demo for 3 weeks over Xmas and New Year to see if they sounded as good in my room as they did at the dealers.

They did!

TRENDING THREADS