Why is your Calendar WRONG?

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I checked 'My Account' earlier and found that I joined WHF on Friday 1st January 2012, some 45 weeks and 6 days ago????????????????

1/1/2012 was in fact a Sunday and given that 1/1/2013 is less than 4 weeks away I was wondering what form of calendar you use and what branch of mathematics/arithmetics you use?

Could someone from WHF advise me please?

:?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
According to the date under your avatar you joined 20 January 2012, which by my maths is exactly 46 weeks ago. So 45 weeks and 6 days is not too far wrong is it?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
According to the date under your avatar you joined 20 January 2012, which by my maths is exactly 46 weeks ago. So 45 weeks and 6 days is not too far wrong is it?

Yes but the date on his account is 19 days adrift and it must be quite upsetting.

jolls

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
relocated said:
I checked 'My Account' earlier and found that I joined WHF on Friday 1st January 2012, some 45 weeks and 6 days ago????????????????

1/1/2012 was in fact a Sunday and given that 1/1/2013 is less than 4 weeks away I was wondering what form of calendar you use and what branch of mathematics/arithmetics you use?

You've been relocated.
smiley-wink.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
MajorFubar said:

Yes but the date on his account is 19 days adrift and it must be quite upsetting.
One can only assume that the OP is a keen follower of Dr Who based on this snippet I found in Wikipedia concerning the adoption of the Gregorian calendar. I guess he fears the Faction Paradox.

"In the Doctor Who Eighth Doctor Adventures series, it was revealed that the Eighth Doctor's enemies, Faction Paradox, a cult of time-travelling voodooists who worship paradox, have established a base in the eleven days that were missing from the calendar after the change-over, the Faction exploiting their manipulation of perception and contradiction to take the days that everyone believed were missing and make them 'real'."

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:

What you have just said is accurate, if I had been talking about the date under my avatar. But, I refered WHF to the 'My Account' information which is wrong absolutely and in reference to my membership.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
MajorFubar said:

Strange, though it obviously isn't to you, but it isn't upsetting to me at all. I did wonder though that such inaccuracies could be an indicator of other problems arising in this newly updated and redesigned website. Other than that Chebby I couldn't give a rats bottom.

:wave:

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
jolls said:
relocated said:

You've been relocated.
smiley-wink.gif

Indeed, I was jolls, for having the temerity to argue with a WHF 'bigwig'. :O

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
relocated said:
MajorFubar said:

What you have just said is accurate, if I had been talking about the date under my avatar. But, I refered WHF to the 'My Account' information which is wrong absolutely and in reference to my membership.
So your real question is, why is the date in your 'My Account' and the 'Joined: ' under your avatar 19 days apart...

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
hammill said:
chebby said:
MajorFubar said:

One can only assume that the OP is a keen follower of Dr Who based on this snippet I found in Wikipedia concerning the adoption of the Gregorian calendar. I guess he fears the Faction Paradox.

"In the Doctor Who Eighth Doctor Adventures series, it was revealed that the Eighth Doctor's enemies, Faction Paradox, a cult of time-travelling voodooists who worship paradox, have established a base in the eleven days that were missing from the calendar after the change-over, the Faction exploiting their manipulation of perception and contradiction to take the days that everyone believed were missing and make them 'real'."

Eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm no. :)

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
relocated said:
MajorFubar said:

So your real question is, why is the date in your 'My Account' and the 'Joined: ' under your avatar 19 days apart...

No Major. My question is as I put it when raising this thread.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
What would you like us to do?

It is a matter for you/WHF John.

The info in both places does not tie up, none of it was originated by me. The stated day of the 1/1/12 is wrong. Surely the 'My Account' info and the info under my Avatar should correspond? If your computer system thinks that 1/1/12 was a Friday, is that an indicator that your system has a problem that might impact on more important things than how long I have been a member of this Forum?

I thought this might have occured to someone at WHF which is why I have raised the matter. But do forgive me if I have caused offence, I have only tried to be helpful. [unlike me I know, but perhaps that is why my thread seems to be a bit of a curveball].

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It must vary a bit from person to person...weird! Mine's consistent: both my profile and the date under my avatar say 03 March 2010, but they're both wrong: I joined in October 2010.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
It must vary a bit from person to person...weird! Mine's consistent: both my profile and the date under my avatar say 03 March 2010, but they're both wrong: I joined in October 2010.

Does your profile date have the day correct for the date or is it wrong like mine?

Thank god it's not 1999 otherwise it could indicate the end of the world, when we move to 2000.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts